Contribute
Register

'Safari Freezes hackintosh to death' problem, which everyone just ignores. [Intel HD 4400/4600]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its with my Customac.

This the laptop forum.
Your laptop specs in signature are impossible:
Laptop: Clover Dell Latitude e7440, i7-4600, HD4000 @ 1920x1080

The i7-4600 does not have HD4000.

got it. I didnt notice I was on the laptop thread. And you are right. Changing my sig. i have the exact same freeze tho on my customac. but didnt notice the post was in laptops. Always thanks for the help.

got it. I didnt notice I was on the laptop thread. And you are right. Changing my sig. i have the exact same freeze tho on my customac. but didnt notice the post was in laptops. Always thanks for the help.

The bug affects desktops same as laptops... (HD4400/HD4600 specific).

I have this added config.plist

<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x0d220003</string>
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 10.12.x</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SImLqAAAAA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>kJCQkJCQkA==</data>
</dict>

and restart
It is no longer a safari crash.

I have the same problem on the Intel HD 3000. Sometimes my entire computer crash while using Safari. Can I apply the same patch in Clover as the users above?

I have the same problem on the Intel HD 3000. Sometimes my entire computer crash while using Safari. Can I apply the same patch in Clover as the users above?

HD3000 is off-topic here (see title of thread).

You probably have a different problem... If this is regarding the laptop in your profile, read ProBook guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting". Open a separate thread.

HD3000 is off-topic here (see title of thread).

You probably have a different problem... If this is regarding the laptop in your profile, read ProBook guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting". Open a separate tread.
Sorry. I apologize for that.
The problem I experienced is hard to reproduce (it's the reason I decided not to send logs) and it's seems to be common issue on genuine macs too. Safari usually crashes the whole computer in Sierra and I also experienced weird purple vertical lines on the screen even after EC reset or clean install. So I decided to downgrade to Yosemite, but still using your hotpatch method and following everything you wrote in the docs. Surprisingly Yosemite works like a charm, never had any issues. I'll probably wait a few more months and give Sierra another try when Apple irons out most of the bugs.
Thanks for your help and support. I appreciate it!

Last edited:

Last edited:
Hope it's no too late. I have this problem, flow instructions in this link, and disable intel graphics from BIOS, now works like a charm.

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/544rr1/helpvideo_streaming_freeze_my_whole_hackintosh/

Most laptops cannot disable Intel graphics as it is most likely the only graphics capability on the machine.
Current status is here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Your profile has no laptop hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I cannot reproduce this problem on my HD4400 equipped Lenovo u430 running 10.12 final.

Was able to reproduce the problem on theverge.com.

[i5-4310u] I was able to "solve" this issue using 'Chrome macOS' User agent on Develop Menu from Safari. Or disabling JavaScript. Was happening in IMDB site and others... do not occurred with theverge site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back