Contribute
Register

'Safari Freezes hackintosh to death' problem, which everyone just ignores. [Intel HD 4400/4600]

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my system with OSX 10.13. Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext are installed and Safari works fine with all other sites with video content, but freezes constantly on imdb.com. Before, on Sierra I didn't have this problem. Any ideas?

On my system with OSX 10.13. Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext are installed and Safari works fine with all other sites with video content, but freezes constantly on imdb.com. Before, on Sierra I didn't have this problem. Any ideas?

Enable the Developer Menu on Safari, and use Chrome MacOS as user agent (it was a quick fix for me). Test the imdb site and let me know. I posted it here exactly because of imdb... but my issue was fixed with IntelGraphicsFixup + Lilu.

Or instead of Chrome User agent you can disable javascript, but some sites became non-functional.

Sorry @RehabMan. Here are the attached files/outputs. Except the issue with imdb.com I have another problem from years - after random hours of work - sometimes several hours, sometimes several days the system begins to freeze for seconds. I mean - it works 5-10 seconds, than freezes for 5-10 seconds and so on. Restarting resolves this problem again for uncertain period of time. Every advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• SmartCraft.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 80
Sorry @RehabMan. Here are the attached files/outputs. Except the issue with imdb.com I have another problem from years - after random hours of work - sometimes several hours, sometimes several days the system begins to freeze for seconds. I mean - it works 5-10 seconds, than freezes for 5-10 seconds and so on. Restarting resolves this problem again for uncertain period of time. Every advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Problems:
- CPU PM not implemented
- iMac14,2 not appropriate for a laptop
- profile has no laptop hardware details
- IGPU PM not implemented
- 0x0d220003 ig-platform-id not appropriate for a laptop
- TRIM+APFS is problematic (disable TRIM or install on HFS+J)
- your USB configuration is wrong
- USB WiFi not recommended
- avoid 3rd party system software (at least until the system is stable): com.iospirit.driver.rbiokithelper, at.obdev.nke.LittleSnitch
- Lilu and IntelGraphisFixup not installed
- config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be Detect (you have true)

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back