CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As usual I do backup and my SSD crashed and so I bought a new one and I used my Time Machine (TM) for reinstalling the software. Everything ok BUT TM installed and old version of Safari (10.1.2) that was always crashing. The interesting part is that the safari in the TM was version 11!! So I go back to the time machine and I copy Safari 11 in the new disk drive (I cannot copy Safari in the application folder because I cannot delete Safari 10.1.2) and it works perfectly. First question why TM copied an old version of Safari? Second question (more important) How do I delete Safari 10.1.2 and replace it in the application folder with Safari 11?

As usual I do backup and my SSD crashed and so I bought a new one and I used my Time Machine (TM) for reinstalling the software. Everything ok BUT TM installed and old version of Safari (10.1.2) that was always crashing. The interesting part is that the safari in the TM was version 11!! So I go back to the time machine and I copy Safari 11 in the new disk drive (I cannot copy Safari in the application folder because I cannot delete Safari 10.1.2) and it works perfectly. First question why TM copied an old version of Safari? Second question (more important) How do I delete Safari 10.1.2 and replace it in the application folder with Safari 11?

Will be better to do a clean install. Then use Migration Tool to restore DATA. Attach Problem Reporting Files.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app

Also, press F4 at the main Clover screen, then compress and attach the EFI/CLOVER folder in use. And please, in order to reduce the size, omit EFI/Clover/themes.

Will be better to do a clean install. Then use Migration Tool to restore DATA. Attach Problem Reporting Files.
First Thank you Violet Dragon for answering. I am attaching the Problem Reporting File and the Ioreg of my Hack. I just was wondering if I upgrade to High Sierra will I replace the old Safari? As I said now I am using Safari 11 (that it is not in the application folder) and it works perfectly. So I suspect when I will upgrade to high Sierra the Safari also will be upgrade. Just an idea. Anyway Thanks again

Attachments

• MyiMac.zip
    794.2 KB · Views: 123
  • ProblemReportingFile.pdf
    147.3 KB · Views: 186
First Thank you Violet Dragon for answering. I am attaching the Problem Reporting File and the Ioreg of my Hack. I just was wondering if I upgrade to High Sierra will I replace the old Safari? As I said now I am using Safari 11 (that it is not in the application folder) and it works perfectly. So I suspect when I will upgrade to high Sierra the Safari also will be upgrade. Just an idea. Anyway Thanks again

Not all Problem Reporting Files Attached. No Clover Folder.

Also, press F4 at the main Clover screen, then compress and attach the EFI/CLOVER folder in use. And please, in order to reduce the size, omit EFI/Clover/themes.

Not all Problem Reporting Files Attached. No Clover Folder.
sorry here a copy of the EFI (however I could not get the efi folder using the F4 trick, I don't know why). I did a copy of the EFI folder from the original . I hope this help. Sorry again

Attachments

• EFI copy.zip
    15.4 MB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back