Contribute
Register

RX570 - Full Graphics on UniBeast, but not Normal Boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock Z370M ITX/ac
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
AMD 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

So I'm installing an RX 570 in my wife's hack.

Bit of weird behavior. On UniBeast, the graphics work fine. The boot loader is 800x600, as is the initial apple load screen. Full acceleration, QE/CI.

However, when I boot from the hard drive (with latest version of Clover installed), I get a black screen after successful MacOS load when I'd normally see the login which attempts to handshake every few seconds with the error on the monitor "Resolution unsupported!".

I matched the kexts folder file for file (aside from unneeded ethernet kexts for her board), as well as took the Config.plist straight from UniBeast and copied in my SMBIOS info.

Still no dice.

Any ideas?

Hi All,

So I'm installing an RX 570 in my wife's hack.

Bit of weird behavior. On UniBeast, the graphics work fine. The boot loader is 800x600, as is the initial apple load screen. Full acceleration, QE/CI.

However, when I boot from the hard drive (with latest version of Clover installed), I get a black screen after successful MacOS load when I'd normally see the login which attempts to handshake every few seconds with the error on the monitor "Resolution unsupported!".

I matched the kexts folder file for file (aside from unneeded ethernet kexts for her board), as well as took the Config.plist straight from UniBeast and copied in my SMBIOS info.

Still no dice.

Any ideas?

Upload config.plist. What is your monitor resolution?

Changed a couple of things. See plist below. Nothing jumps out, GUI resolution set to 1920x1080.

Do you have any Nvidia web drivers in Library/extensions? Have you tried the latest lilu and whatevergreen kexts in Clover/Kexts/Other folder? Get them here in Downloads/kexts section.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 123
Forgive me, but I do not see what you changed?

I have tried with/without lilu/whatevergreen. No Web Drivers ever on this one. No progress.

Just reinstalled Clover to the UEFI since this was initially a legacy install.

Will attempt your config now.

Forgive me, but I do not see what you changed?

I have tried with/without lilu/whatevergreen. No Web Drivers ever on this one. No progress.

Just reinstalled Clover to the UEFI since this was initially a legacy install.

Will attempt your config now.

I ran the config again and replaced your serial numbers. It didn’t have firmware ID and other items. I changed Kexts injection from detect to Yes. Nothing major done. Q
No dice with the new config.

FWIW - this is the exact same card I have (same revision and all) on my Main Hack. Bought it to make this part easy!

Use clover boot menu cursors go to options and then graphics and try inject ATI and Orinoco Framebuffer.

Use clover boot menu cursors go to options and then graphics and try inject ATI and Orinoco Framebuffer.

Same behavior unfortunately.

One thing I noticed as a difference is - when I boot to the USB, it is at 800x600 and then when MacOS is finished loading, it kicks to 1080p and finishes loading nicely.

However, on the hard drive, it is 1080p from the boot loader onward.

Same behavior unfortunately.

One thing I noticed as a difference is - when I boot to the USB, it is at 800x600 and then when MacOS is finished loading, it kicks to 1080p and finishes loading nicely.

However, on the hard drive, it is 1080p from the boot loader onward.

Mount the EFIs and drag the USB EFI to the hard drive EFI folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back