Graphics
Gigabyte Rx 5500xt 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have manged to install Mac OS X Big sur on my PC, The build is running smooth and stable and here is my spesc

MB : MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk
CPU : Intel Core I7 8700
GPU : Gigabyte rx 5500xt
Monitor : Samsung 50 Inch 4k Display
Opencore Version : 0.6.4

Connecting using HDMI

My problem the time at first boot or reboot I get a black screen I can log in blind and i hear keyboard feedback from the OS but the screen is just black. I just keep pressing random button and it eventually start and get me to the login again even if i logged in blind

This problem is very irritating and i don't know why

Attached my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 75
Add agdpmod=pikera to your boot arguments.

Already did .. you can check my config.plist but still the same issue

The SSDTs you are using is not customised for your motherboard, if I am correct you have just downloaded the pre-built SSDTs.

How is your Graphics configuration BIOS? Primary Output Device, State of Integrated Graphics, etc ?

I have updated my ACPI using the long way of open core and compiled the dsl files also still the same problem

attached the efi and image of my bios configuration

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 75
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-12-27 at 11.25.01 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-27 at 11.25.01 AM.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 71
Any help guys ?

Connecting using HDMI

I have never been able to get HDMI working very reliably with macOS. In order to get consistent video output, I have to lower refresh rate and/or lower resolution (non-HiDPI).

I have never been able to get HDMI working very reliably with macOS. In order to get consistent video output, I have to lower refresh rate and/or lower resolution (non-HiDPI).
Actaully it's working very stable with mavericks also with catalina with the same efi, i got this wired behavior only with big sur, the issue also happens with display port :/

Actaully it's working very stable with mavericks also with catalina with the same efi, i got this wired behavior only with big sur, the issue also happens with display port :/

If you were able to get 4K working reliably over HDMI in Mavericks and Catalina, you are way ahead of me. I would randomly get black screen on wake from sleep or random snowy image. DisplayPort has always been 100% reliable for me.

There's really nothing in your EFI that would affect video that I can see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back