Contribute
Register

RX 6600 XT Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the RX 6600 XT is based on Navi 23 while RX 6700 XT is based on Navi 22.

So support for the RX 6600 XT does not necessarily mean support for the RX 6700 XT. Perhaps I am wrong about that?
Very promising for 6700XT

Do you think the new driver built in the 12.1 can support the RX 6600 "non" XT ?
Just ordered one but didn't watch for the "XT" mention...

This is fantastic news!! Because I was very concerned with seeing what graphics card I bought, and in the end I decided on a 6600 XT even if it was a little worse than the 3060 TI, and I looked for if it is compatible after buying it and finally Apple has taken the step to add it to its compatibility list. What a marvel, what super news!!
1639692570055.png

I'm going to see if the damn update works for me and everything is going as well as you all comment here.

This is fantastic news!! Because I was very concerned with seeing what graphics card I bought, and in the end I decided on a 6600 XT even if it was a little worse than the 3060 TI, and I looked for if it is compatible after buying it and finally Apple has taken the step to add it to its compatibility list. What a marvel, what super news!!

Here is the obligatory macOS screenshot showing the RX6600 under Monterey 12.1 beta (updated to release version later... working)

Attachments

• rx6600-monterey.png
    rx6600-monterey.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 883
Last edited:
Here is the obligatory macOS screenshot showing the RX6600 under Monterey 12.1 beta (updated to release version later... working)
May I know which model ? Asus, msi, or gigabyte ? can you mention the card details ?

Confirm working for me, fans and all - from a Vega64 -> needed to add agdpmod=pikera

Only thing is when it boots it restores the day version of the new Monterey wallpaper, the toolbar is white with dark mode on, no matter how many times I change to another wallpaper. Anyone?

config.plist -> DeviceProperties

Devices - >

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

AAPL,slot-name - Internal@0,1,0/0,0/0,0/0,0 - string
device_type - VGA compatible controller - string
model - AMD 6600XT

Just checking are the above settings correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back