Contribute
Register

RX 6600 XT: Henbury framebuffer and Zero RPM in Monterey 12.3

@felbo
Are you using any SSDT or DeviceProperties for the RX 6600 XT? Are these the default paths without any extra settings for the dGPU?

Applying DeviceProperties will not work without naming the PCI bridge.

Attachments

• SSDT-BRG0.aml
    108 bytes · Views: 10
Are you using any SSDT or DeviceProperties for the RX 6600 XT? Are these the default paths without any extra settings for the dGPU?
I had Henbury active. Here are without Henbury:

03:00.0 1002:73ff /PC00@0/PEG1@1/PEGP@0/pci-bridge@0/GFX0@0 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
(the same value)

Nothing special setting for dGPU I think, I haven't opened Windows at all

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 15.19.33.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 15.19.33.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 15.19.56.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 15.19.56.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 14
@felbo

This are the files. I have made 2 versions, one with Zero RPM disabled and another with Zero RMP enabled but fans start spinning at 40º. If both work, choose the one you like the most.

These are the files included in the ZIP:

Zero RPM enabled but fans spin above 40º
  • ZeroRPM-on.txt: reg file as extracted from Windows
  • ZeroRPM-on-ssdt.txt: reg file converted to hexadecimal string to be used in SSDT
  • SSDT-ZeroRPM-ON.aml and SSDT-ZeroRPM-ON.dsl: SSDT to be added to ACPI folder and config.plist.
  • config-on.plist: to be added to DeviceProperties in config.plist.
Zero RPM disabled, fans spin all the time
  • ZeroRPM-off.txt: reg file as extracted from Windows
  • ZeroRPM-off-ssdt.txt: reg file converted to hexadecimal string to be used in SSDT
  • SSDT-ZeroRPM-OFF.amdl and SSDT-ZeroRPM-OFF.dsl: SSDT to be added to ACPI folder and config.plist. It has Zero RPM disabled, fans spin all the time.
  • config-off.plist: to be added to DeviceProperties in config.plist. It has Zero RPM disabled, fans spin all the time.
Important:
  • Remove Henbury patch from config.plist
  • SSDT is the primary and preferable method, if it doesn't work you can try DeviceProperties as secondary
  • Remove all properties from dGPU DeviceProperties, leaving this key empty if using SSDT or with only PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable key if using DeviceProperties
  • OpenCore looks for aml file ignoring dsl file that is added just so you can read it
  • Each time you change something, a reboot is mandatory.
Try and comment, I hope the files work on your system.

Note: as @etorix says, DeviceProperties method can fail without SSDT-BRG0.aml, but this SSDT changes the IOReg path to the dGPU so the SSDT-ZeroRPM files must differ. Try first SSDT-ZeroRPM-ON.aml and SSDT-ZeroRPM-OFF.aml (of course, never both at the same time), it they work you skip the other method.

Attachments

• SPPT-files.zip
    29.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
This are the files. I have made 2 versions, one with Zero RPM disabled and another with Zero RMP enabled but fans start spinning at 40º. If both work, choose the one you like the most.
@miliuco
Thank you so much. Such helpful people in this forum :)

@felbo

These are the files included in the ZIP:

Zero RPM enabled but fans spin above 40º
  • ZeroRPM-on.txt: reg file as extracted from Windows
  • ZeroRPM-on-ssdt.txt: reg file converted to hexadecimal string to be used in SSDT
  • SSDT-ZeroRPM-ON.aml and SSDT-ZeroRPM-ON.dsl: SSDT to be added to ACPI folder and config.plist.
  • config-on.plist: to be added to DeviceProperties in config.plist.
Zero RPM disabled, fans spin all the time
  • ZeroRPM-off.txt: reg file as extracted from Windows
  • ZeroRPM-off-ssdt.txt: reg file converted to hexadecimal string to be used in SSDT
  • SSDT-ZeroRPM-OFF.amdl and SSDT-ZeroRPM-OFF.dsl: SSDT to be added to ACPI folder and config.plist. It has Zero RPM disabled, fans spin all the time.
  • config-off.plist: to be added to DeviceProperties in config.plist. It has Zero RPM disabled, fans spin all the time.
Important:
  • Remove Henbury patch from config.plist
  • SSDT is the primary and preferable method, if it doesn't work you can try DeviceProperties as secondary
  • Remove all properties from dGPU DeviceProperties, leaving this key empty if using SSDT or with only PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable key if using DeviceProperties
  • OpenCore looks for aml file ignoring dsl file that is added just so you can read it
  • Each time you change something, a reboot is mandatory.
Try and comment, I hope the files work on your system.

Note: as @etorix says, DeviceProperties method can fail without SSDT-BRG0.aml, but this SSDT changes the IOReg path to the dGPU so the SSDT-ZeroRPM files must differ. Try first SSDT-ZeroRPM-ON.aml and SSDT-ZeroRPM-OFF.aml (of course, never both at the same time), it they work you skip the other method.

@miliuco
I must do something wrong here?
SSDT-ZeroRPM-ON.aml doesn't work, GPU fans never spin
SSDT-ZeroRPM-OFF.aml same as above
config-on.plist GPU fans spinning very fast, temp 38 degrees all the time. Fans never stop
config-off.plist: same as above
I tried also SSDT-BRGO-AML together with config on - off, same result 38 degrees all the time, fans spins fast, never stop

Try either of these. They name the bridge (SSDT-BRG0 not needed) AND apply one of the tables provided by @miliuco to GFX0.

Attachments

• SSDT-ZRPM.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 9
Thank you @etorix

@felbo try these SSDTs, they have both data from SSDT-ZeroRPM and SSDT-BRG0.

Question: When you tried SSDT-BRG0, was it the one attached by etorix a few posts before? This SSDT-BRG0 is adapted to your system.
Also, this SSDT is named SSDT-BRG0.aml, right? Because you write SSDT-BRGO-AML in your post.

Try either of these. They name the bridge (SSDT-BRG0 not needed) AND apply one of the tables provided by @miliuco to GFX0.
@etorix Thanks! Now they works! With one monitor and the SSDT-ZeroRPM-ON.aml, fan stops at 35 degrees and start again at 40 degrees
But with 2 monitors temp never reach lower than 38 degrees. Its to tough for fans to reach lower temp with 2 monitors. It's something with 2 monitors vs one monitor. Perhaps the AMD card using too much amps with 2 monitors, I don't know

Back