Contribute
Register

RX 580 and Mojave Upgrade to ASUS Z170 Deluxe Skylake System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @ABaller, you can upload your SSDT and EFI, I have a construction identical to yours, however I have a small lag at the beginning for a few seconds, and maybe I'm missing something, thank you very much!

I just uploaded my config.plist and SSDTs for the i7 and the specific USB ports that I'm using (see the original post)... I used the @wildwillow guide to create the original USB Configuration. Let me know any difference you find? I'm still having spotty performance on my openCL Geekbench score

Hi @ABaller, I've attached my config.plist. Please bear in mind that I've left my built in graphics enabled, so I can have both intel gpu and the rx580 work side by side. I've left it that way just in case one of them fails when updating macOS for example.

I tried mirroring your config settings and I still got the low openCL scores. I wonder if you have different kexts installed, or installed in different locations?

I've got the following installed (using KextBeast) to /L/E/ folder:
Lilu (1.2.8)
WhateverGreen (1.2.4)
AppleALC (1.3.3)
FakeSMC (6.26)
IntelmausiEthernet (v2-2018 1031)
USBInjectAll (2018-1108)

Then I only have FakeSMC in ...EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/.

Hi

Will the current UniBeast bootloader work? Is there any drivers for the Radeon RX 580? Do I need to do any tweaks for the GPU with Clover Configurator?

I am running Sapphire Pulse RX 580 with nothing, no drivers or enabling, nothing. Works fine. Just run UniBeast and do NOT enable ATI.

I just uploaded my config.plist and SSDTs for the i7 and the specific USB ports that I'm using (see the original post)... I used the @wildwillow guide to create the original USB Configuration. Let me know any difference you find? I'm still having spotty performance on my openCL Geekbench score

This is my result for OpenCL and Metal with RX 580. I think it's okay for the 140000. I have a few small freezes. It freezes sometimes like 5 seconds every now and then. It's unlike

Captura de pantalla 2018-12-16 a la(s) 12.40.53.png
Captura de pantalla 2018-12-16 a la(s) 12.42.51.png

I tried mirroring your config settings and I still got the low openCL scores. I wonder if you have different kexts installed, or installed in different locations?

I've got the following installed (using KextBeast) to /L/E/ folder:
Lilu (1.2.8)
WhateverGreen (1.2.4)
AppleALC (1.3.3)
FakeSMC (6.26)
IntelmausiEthernet (v2-2018 1031)
USBInjectAll (2018-1108)

Then I only have FakeSMC in ...EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/.

I also have NullCPUPowerManagement, IntelGraphicsFixup and GenericUSBXHCI installed, but I don't think those would fix your spotty scores. Could the spotty scores maybe be related to the hardware setup? Have you tried benchmarking it on Windows for example? I wonder whether it could be a thermal throttling issue or something like that?

I also have NullCPUPowerManagement, IntelGraphicsFixup and GenericUSBXHCI installed, but I don't think those would fix your spotty scores. Could the spotty scores maybe be related to the hardware setup? Have you tried benchmarking it on Windows for example? I wonder whether it could be a thermal throttling issue or something like that?

Just booted windows and got consistent 130k scores... I'm kind of wondering if something got messed up when I restored the system from a time machine backup? I did uncheck the files and folders options... Maybe I'll do another fresh install and see if the benchmark gets more consistent.

Are you using the HDMI port coming out of the RX 580? Are you running a 4k monitor?

Just booted windows and got consistent 130k scores... I'm kind of wondering if something got messed up when I restored the system from a time machine backup? I did uncheck the files and folders options... Maybe I'll do another fresh install and see if the benchmark gets more consistent.

Are you using the HDMI port coming out of the RX 580? Are you running a 4k monitor?

I’m using the display port with a 4K monitor.

In the guide you mention installing airportBrcmFixup.kext and in post #12 it isn’t mentioned ?

Does the wifi card display as 3rd Party or as an airport extreme ?

Last edited:
In the guide you mention installing airportBrcmFixup.kext and in post #12 it isn’t mentioned ?

Does the wifi card display as 3rd Party or as an airport extreme ?

I am using AirportBrcmFixup.kext... I just forgot that one in post #12, sorry for the confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back