Contribute
Register

RX 580 and Adobe Premiere CC 2019 - anoyances & fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pavo thanks! Working nicely. Can I use those files for my second build as well (i5 8600k + z370 HD3P)?
You can but you need to make some changes for CPUPM, Audio layout-id and a few other things. What is the the whole motherboard name and I can upload a config.plist for you.

Pavo, thanks for sharing. My recent build I eleceted to go with the GTX1060 because I read I needed CUDA support for Adobe Premiere. Reading this thread I'm confused. Since there is no current path for Mohave other than the RX type video cards are you saying my build could use the RX 580 instead and have the same performance using this method. If so, would you start the build over or just update using your EFI folder replacing the current one?

Are you working with 4k content? And your export times seem similar?

Mostly working with GH5 4k 10bit files. Export and timeline render times are similar if not better than 1070 I replaced.

Just did a timeline test. 1 min timeline edit with 20 different 10bit 4k video files. Some warp stabilization, adjustment layer with color correction, some titles.

OpenCL/Metal timeline render in/out - 1:15sec
Software (CPU) timeline render in/out - 3:38 sec

BUT, there is a lot of performance gains with Nvidia card if you are working with RED files (check attached pic, Puget Systems analysis).

Attachments

• pic_disp.jpg
    pic_disp.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
On FCPX 10 min h264 Video clip exports around 10 min or more while other like Premiere, DaVinci exports within 3-4 min in iGPU. If I Remove whatevergreen and disable iGPU Premiere, DaVinci exports 5-6 min Fcpx same slower than real time. HEVC wont work on my iGPU becoz HD4000 may be. other like C4D, Photoshop, illustrator works smooth in dGPU After effect need to test.
I cant get full hardware acceleration on my AMD RX 580. I have attached my efi & ioreg please check if there is mistake. By helping me to how to fix it ? will be more appreciate...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 63
  • iMac.zip
    720.3 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back