Contribute
Register

Running two displays (one 4k) on Geforce GTX 970 SSC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
Skylake i5 3.2 GHZ
Graphics
EVGA GTX 970 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
With your help, I've set up a lovely Hackintosh, which I mainly use for web development work and some photo editing in Lightroom.

I'm now considering getting a second display, and I've got a question about hardware compatibility.

Is the Geforce GTX 970 SSC card I've got now powerful enough to run the 4k display and my current 27" display with at least a 60Hz refresh rate? I don't need to game on this machine, but I'd like something that works...

If it is, are there any other hiccups I should expect with this setup on a Hackintosh?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Look on the web site page for you graphics card. The manufacturer (which you didn't state nor the model #) should indicate that it would or would not support 4K resolutions. IIRC, most GTX 9xx models will support 4K.

Yep. I have the GTX 670 and was running 27 in at 1440p and then picked up a used 4K Dell on eBay for $400 thinking I would run dual monitors, but the 32 4k is a LOT of screen, so I am not using the 27... plus the 32 takes up a ton of desk real estate.

I was driving a 27' 4K and two 23"@1080p with my 960 2GB SCC no problem, other than the crappy Nvidia web drivers, but the monitors worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back