1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a new system with the following specs:
  • Intel Core i9-9900K
  • ROG Maximus XI Hero (WiFi) with the latest BIOS version installed
  • AMD Radeon VII
  • Intel 760p Series 1.024 TB NVMe SSD + 2x WD Caviar Blue 1 TB HDDs
  • Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB 2x8GB 3200 MHz
I'm running Windows 10 out of the SSD and the two HDDs are empty. I created an installation USB using the latest Unibeast and applied the usual BIOS settings (Using Stork's and pastrychef's guides as they had similar setup to mine). But when I select the USB drive, the screen just goes dark with no output whatsoever. Leaving it on for a bit does nothing either. I've never seen a problem like this before, and a Google search turned up nothing. :/

Out of curiosity I tried booting up a flash drive containing Manjaro Linux. I got a slightly better result as I was able to see the GRUB menu, but I got a black screen as soon as I selected to boot into Linux. This means there could be something I'm missing in the BIOS setup. Here are the current settings I have:
  • Overclocker Tuner -> X.M.P I
  • Xtreme Tweaking -> Enabled
  • USB Config > Legacy USB Support -> Enabled
  • USB Config > EHCI Hands Off -> Enabled
  • Advanced > System Agent (SA) Config > Primary Display > PCIE
  • VT-d -> Disabled
  • Secure Boot -> Disabled
  • OS Type -> Other OS
  • Launch CSM -> Disabled
  • Fast Boot -> Enabled
  • Boot Logo Display -> Enabled
Has anyone run into a similar problem to this one?

maybe try to find this in your bios and change it to legacy.
1/ Go to: Advanced\PCH Configuration\System Time and Alarm Source
Change 'System Time and Alarm Source' to "Legacy RTC"
or 2/ put this patch

I couldn't find that setting on my BIOS. Adding the patch didn't help either </3

Try removing your graphics card and use the iGPU for installation. Radeon VII cards only have support in 10.14.5 beta, not in 10.14.4

Trying things differently, I manually created an installation USB and used the latest version of Clover to boot. I could get a screen but on boot it got stuck again and gave me a bunch of errors I'd never seen before.

Trying things differently, I manually created an installation USB and used the latest version of Clover to boot. I could get a screen but on boot it got stuck again and gave me a bunch of errors I'd never seen before.
View attachment 404764
Did you ever have any luck....I'm still trying to get past the same error on my asus z390 maximus xi extreme/i9-9900k????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back