Contribute
Register

ROG Maximus XI Hero BIOS settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here, try this EFI folder really fast. I have the same motherboard as you, so it should already have the USB working, etc.

Let me know if it works for you.

P.S: I've already changed the SMBIOS information for you, including the Serial Number, so you won't have to worry about that.

EDIT: Please make sure to make a backup of your current EFI folder in case this one doesn't work for you. :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 171
i've test your EFI folder and i've got the black screen after :
Screenshot_20191026-194413_Video Player.jpg

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sn 0x0

Last edited:
I think I know why I have the black screen. I am using an hdmi vga adapter on the hdmi port because I have plugged my install for the moment on an old 17-inch monitor that does not support full hd resolution. I’ll try tomorrow on a 27-inch hdmi monitor directly that supports up to 2k resolution.

I’ll let you know.

@Paul1983 I had exactly the same hardware setup issues as @TheKingStorm, except that I am installing from scratch and your EFI works like a charm (BIOS 1302). Thanks much!

One small side note. If you are into new install - creating Mojave installer with Unibeast from Catalina most likely won't work (at least it didn't work for me 'This copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app appication is damaged and can't be used to install macOS'). I had to create boot USB stick from Mojave to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back