Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. PM'd.

zTried the script using the steps outlined and I just get a compile error:

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/MainMachine/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 31: Name (APSN, 0x0-42)
Error 4096 - Invalid character (0x2D), expecting ASL keyword or name ^

/Users/MainMachine/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 31: Name (APSN, 0x0-42)
Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_INTEGER, expecting ')' ^

ASL Input: /Users/MainMachine/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 170 lines, 4275 bytes, 26 keywords
Compilation complete. 2 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

I am still confused because when i drag the scrip to terminal and press enter there is a command TDP what does it mean?

Last login: Sun Dec 30 07:04:20 on ttys000
Ranggas-MacBook-Pro:~ Evilouse$ /Users/Evilouse/Downloads/ssdtPRGen.sh
Usage: /Users/Evilouse/Downloads/ssdtPRGen.sh TDP MaxTurboFrequency
Ranggas-MacBook-Pro:~ Evilouse$

I am still confused because when i drag the scrip to terminal and press enter there is a command TDP what does it mean?

Search google for TDP. Then search for your processor i3-2330, which I assume is actually an i3-2330m. Then you will know what to fill in...

Alternatively, you can use the new MaciASL beta. See the sticky in the DSDT forum.

TDP is Thermal Design Power, or how much power is required to cool your processor. Search for your processor and on any website it should show the MAX TDP. For my i5 2450m the MAX TDP is 35W. Max frequency is self-explanatory, but anyway, it is the max frequency of the processor including turbo boost. My i5 2450m's max frequency is 3100. Below is how I created my SSDT.aml.

Why would you drag the script to the terminal? You can just type it in.
Just download the script. If it's inside the Downloads folder, in terminal type the following:
cd Downloads/
sudo ./ssdtPRGen.sh 35 3100-----Those two numbers are for my processor, find yours online.
Enter Password:
open /tmp

When the Finder window opens, drag the ssdt file to the desktop. Compile it with a DSDT Editor and then save it as SSDT.aml. Then put that file inside /Extra. Also inside the /Extra folder, edit the boot.plist to have the following:

<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>No</string>

Restart and you should have it working. If goes without saying, but you must not have NullCPU installed and you need patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

Search google for TDP. Then search for your processor i3-2330, which I assume is actually an i3-2330m. Then you will know what to fill in...

Alternatively, you can use the new MaciASL beta. See the sticky in the DSDT forum.
I have got the Max TDP, the value is 35 W, what should I do?

Hi, I would like to know what is wrong here?
Code:
localhost:~ gena$ sudo /Users/gena/Desktop/RevoBoot-clang/i386/libsaio/acpi/Tools/ssdtPRGen.sh 77 3600 1Password:

Ivy Bridge Core i5-3470 processor detected
Max TDP override, now using: 3600 Watt
CPU type override, now using: Ivy Bridge
4 logical CPU's detected with a Core Frequency of 3217 MHz
Number of Turbo States: 0 (3317-77 MHz)
Number of P-States: -14 (1600-77)
Number of C-States for CPU0: 3
Number of C-States for CPU1: 3
/Users/gena/Desktop/RevoBoot-clang/i386/libsaio/acpi/Tools/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 1086: iasl: command not found
localhost:~ gena$ 

/CODE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back