Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm often finding myself drawn to looking over at Revogirls blog as she is a very gifted developer often coming up with great innovations.

Today on her blog she is releasing a new script for generating SSDT. I gave it a go and it works very nicely for me.

Take a look at her blog here.

Thanks Revogirl.

Edit: Due to the sad passing of Revogirl her blog has been removed. In case anyone wants to try her script I have uploaded it and attached it. Instructions for use are a couple of posts down.

ssdtPRGen.sh.zip

Attachments

• ssdtPRGen.sh.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 2,505
Being a Noob... How do I use this?
Im getting a whopping 6100 in 10.7.4, so Im thinking it has to be the power management?

Thanks!
Mike

mcullinan said:
Being a Noob... How do I use this?
Im getting a whopping 6100 in 10.7.4, so Im thinking it has to be the power management?

Thanks!
Mike

Hi Mike, it's explained in her blog post. Essentially, it is run in Terminal. A quick how to:

1.Download the script and put it on your desktop.
2. Open terminal and type "sudo" then leave a space and drag the script file into the terminal window then leave a space and type in the TDP for your processor, leave another space and type in the maximum turbo frequency for your processor and then press enter.
3. Enter your password when prompted and press enter.
4. If it generates the file okay then it will put a decompiled file called ssdt-pr.dsl in the (hidden) folder /tmp - an easy way to find this folder is to use the app "Show All Files" that is included in Multibeast.
5. Drag the file ssdt-pr.dsl out of the hidden folder and onto your desktop and open it using a suitable app like DSDTse to see what you have.
6. Press the "compile button on DSDTse to generate a file SSDT-pr.aml and rename it to just SSDT.aml and put it in your "Extra" folder. Make sure your boot plist has DropSSDT=yes in it (telling the bootloader to use the SSDT you put in Extra next time you boot).

Hope this step by step helps you to test it out. Basically it simply seeks to make a generic SSDT that is matched to processor tdp and desired top turbo freq.

I often pop over to Revogirls blog as she is always working on interesting stuff and this is just one example.

No, I think this sort of stuff is just what she knocks out in her spare time!

We'll just have to wait and see what her great project is that she's working on. I know her posts have said that she is also working on OSX compatible computers for Africa, but I think that is a completely separate thing.

Very interesting.

Bassguitarist said:
Yes!

She is working on a secret project called "Fighting with Leukemia".
What we can do is praying for her!
Just visit her web site.

Our thoughts go to her. Get well soon Sam.

Hi Mike, it's explained in her blog post. Essentially, it is run in Terminal. A quick how to:

1.Download the script and put it on your desktop.
2. Open terminal and type "sudo" then leave a space and drag the script file into the terminal window then leave a space and type in the TDP for your processor, leave another space and type in the maximum turbo frequency for your processor and then press enter.
3. Enter your password when prompted and press enter.
4. If it generates the file okay then it will put a decompiled file called ssdt-pr.dsl in the (hidden) folder /tmp - an easy way to find this folder is to use the app "Show All Files" that is included in Multibeast.
5. Drag the file ssdt-pr.dsl out of the hidden folder and onto your desktop and open it using a suitable app like DSDTse to see what you have.
6. Press the "compile button on DSDTse to generate a file SSDT-pr.aml and rename it to just SSDT.aml and put it in your "Extra" folder. Make sure your boot plist has DropSSDT=yes in it (telling the bootloader to use the SSDT you put in Extra next time you boot).

Hope this step by step helps you to test it out. Basically it simply seeks to make a generic SSDT that is matched to processor tdp and desired top turbo freq.

I often pop over to Revogirls blog as she is always working on interesting stuff and this is just one example.

do we really need DropSSDT=yes? I cannot boot with this argument in the kernel flag statement in my plist. it stalls on NullCPUPowermanagement. no KP though. Asus p8p67 pro with modified 2103 bios. i have copied the p statements from the generated SSDT to my DSDT as well. no go. just get 16, and 33 frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back