Contribute
Register

[Resolved] 2nd Monitor / HDMI not working (GTX 970 - Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello !

After many hours battling against the Nvidia driver on Sierra everything seems to work fine on it (144hz ok etc,...). Except that my second monitor connected through HDMI on my graphic card isn't recognized by MacOs.

I saw many solutions but either it was not for sierra or using other cables etc, but i want to be able to use my HDMI ports :(.
Anybody could help me please, i'm still new into this :D

Thanks !

Hi there, I've got the same problem, Nvidia is disabled on the config.plist, I installed succesfully Nvidia drivers and put the boot flag but nothing works. Thanks for helping !

I have same problem boot to Blackscreen if connected both display (1 over DP, 1 over HDMi), (I had inject Nvidia false, NvidiaWebdriver true) only way is plug my second display after boot completed

I have same problem boot to Blackscreen if connected both display (1 over DP, 1 over HDMi), (I had inject Nvidia false, NvidiaWebdriver true) only way is plug my second display after boot completed

Thank you TWA for the tip but it doesn't work for me. I don't knox what to do, I'm stuck... It seems that the boot argument is not working cause each time I boot the second line calling nvidia is absent... maybe tje problem is from here but I don't where to force to enter that line in the boot arguments... If you have any idea I'll be pleased to ear :)

Thank you TWA for the tip but it doesn't work for me. I don't knox what to do, I'm stuck... It seems that the boot argument is not working cause each time I boot the second line calling nvidia is absent... maybe tje problem is from here but I don't where to force to enter that line in the boot arguments... If you have any idea I'll be pleased to ear :)

u can try this, it fix my problem for now

I hope this helps somebody. If you have multiple monitors and are getting black screens on 10.12 even after applying the AGDPfix, but can login fine with only one monitor - trying turning on your CSM support in your BIOS. That fixed it for me. My setup is skylake, 980Ti, asrock z170 with clover iMac 17,1 profile.

u can try this, it fix my problem for now
Thanks but what is CSM and where to enable it in Bios ? thank you! (I'm native french user ;) )

The bios of my ga-Z170X-UD5 si crazy, can't find my CSM support on the menu, I don't know how to try this solution out... I'm still searching help for the bios and let you know about it, thx !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back