Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there,

So, I have 2 small problems with my Hackintosh (macOS High Sierra):

1. AirPlay doesn't work properly - when I try to stream a music from my Hackintosh to AppleTV, it does work without any problem, but the icon in toolbar (The icon that appears when screen mirroring is avaiable) the icon is like still blinking (appears every 5 seconds or so and immediatelly disappear) so it is almost impossible to click on it.

2. When I am booting into macOS High Sierra SSD, the Apple Logo with bar under it loads to half, then it disappears, and then it again appears and continues to load to the end off the loading bar.

These are not a big problems and I can live without them but It would be nice to have "Perfect Hackintosh"

So, I was looking at some forums and I found out that, I should reset NVRAM (PRAM) to make these things work. So here is my question: I have fully working Hackintosh, is it risky to reset NVRAM? Can it make my Hackintosh not booting again? I know it clears some data like brightness etc.
And if its safe, then how should I do it? (F11 at clover boot screen, via terminal in macOS or some other way).

Thank You For Help!

MORE INFO:
- I am using EmuVariable
- I am dual-booting with Windows 10
- I am using Clover

Resetting the NVRAM won't remove the Apple icon boot issue, that is related to how the system transitions to the drivers for your Discrete GPU.

You can reset the NVRAM by pressing the 'F11' key while on the Clover boot screen.

This may help your system with the AirPlay issues, but it really depends on what is currently in the Nvram and what will be used to replace these current settings.

I assume you have read through and checked the system requirements and troubleshooting steps from the Apple support pages - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204291

Resetting the Nvram shouldn't cause your system to stop booting, if your Clover/USB setup is good. Just make sure you have a copy of your CLOVER setup on a spare USB pen drive, to use as an alternative boot option before you do anything.

Resetting the NVRAM won't remove the Apple icon boot issue, that is related to how the system transitions to the drivers for your Discrete GPU.

You can reset the NVRAM by pressing the 'F11' key while on the Clover boot screen.

This may help your system with the AirPlay issues, but it really depends on what is currently in the Nvram and what will be used to replace these current settings.

I assume you have read through and checked the system requirements and troubleshooting steps from the Apple support pages - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204291

Resetting the Nvram shouldn't cause your system to stop booting, if your Clover/USB setup is good. Just make sure you have a copy of your CLOVER setup on a spare USB pen drive, to use as an alternative boot option before you do anything.
Ok, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back