Contribute
Register

request for help thunderbolt flashed card ssdt creation replacing values.

Motherboard
msi z590i unify
CPU
i5 10400t
Graphics
xfx RX 6600 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Dear gurus, and friends.

could you please help me to understand the value and what and where needs to be replaced.

at the moment i have flashed card aic gigabyte titan v2.

my hackintosh could see the thunderbolt card in systemreport. i have short pin 3 and 5 disabled onboard thunderbolt by using 10gb lan in the last pcie slot.

right now the first slot has gpu, and second slot has thunderbolt card.

however i have connected thunderbolt dock and tb ssd.the device never showed up as thunderbolt lan port and nothing of thunderbolt dock showed up. i could boot with the typce ssd that is conncted to the port(this boot drive is usb 10Gbs.)

the thunderbolt disk i connected via usb 4 enclosure would also connect as usb under cold boot the test speed just 1000MB.

i have attached the ioreg file and my screenshots of doubt. how can i replace value from hackindrom ssdt to match my system?

can i use hackintool pcie menu where there is ioregname and pcie path instead of values from ioreg?

i have tried researching on youtube i could not find any video or similar topics in English.

thank you.

Attachments

• proart.ioreg
    11.6 MB · Views: 23
  • tb ssdt-Screen.jpg
    tb ssdt-Screen.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 17
RP21 is likely your last slot the one you say you have the 10GB card plugged into. While it is possible to get the card working in a different slot it is generally recommended that it goes in the last or the bottom slot by the manufacturer. Also by running the card in the second slot you are likely making your video card run @ 8x rather than 16x. All that said if you put the card in the last slot then the SSDT is likely already correct. If you want to try to make it work in slot 2 then try and change every instances in your SSDT From RP21 to PEG2 though it might require a bit more than that. Personally I never got the TB card to work in any slot other than the last. I would say that it would be far easier to move the TB card to the last slot and move the ethernet up.

Also update your profile your IO reg file says your board is proart, but your profile says Msi Unity. The Msi z59i is a mini ITX thus it would only have one slot.

Last edited:
RP21 is likely your last slot the one you say you have the 10GB card plugged into. While it is possible to get the card working in a different slot it is generally recommended that it goes in the last or the bottom slot by the manufacturer. Also by running the card in the second slot you are likely making your video card run @ 8x rather than 16x. All that said if you put the card in the last slot then the SSDT is likely already correct. If you want to try to make it work in slot 2 then try and change every instances in your SSDT From RP21 to PEG2 though it might require a bit more than that. Personally I never got the TB card to work in any slot other than the last. I would say that it would be far easier to move the TB card to the last slot and move the ethernet up.

Also update your profile your IO reg file says your board is proart, but your profile says Msi Unity. The Msi z59i is a mini ITX thus it would only have one slot.
Hi Scott Thanks for your help,
could you please explain more what is (_SB_.PCI0.RP21) i have always thought or understood that _SB_.PCI0 is slot number ..which from your reply now i know it is not slot number. in this case (_SB_.PCI0.RP21) what is this what is behind each dot means. thanks.

My main rig is msi unify itx z590. this pro art, i got it used from my local market group, the pro art z490 has in built tb yes i understand if i put in the second slot i will get gpu into x8. when i plugged in the lan card to the last pcie the inbuilt tb is switched off. i understand that. do you think we could make this board have 4tb ports if i leave the last slot empty? two ports from in built, two additional from flashed titan ridge.

from hackindrom
--------------------------
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "CASEY", "TBTTITAN", 0x00000000)
{
External (_SB_.PCI0.RP21, DeviceObj)
External (_SB_.PCI0.RP21.PXSX, DeviceObj)
External (DTGP, MethodObj) // 5 A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i will have to replace from RP21 to PEG2 as your suggesstion? like this? what about _SB_.PCI0 does it aslo have to change??

thanks.

{
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG2 , DeviceObj)
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG2 .PXSX, DeviceObj)

Last edited:
Hi Scott Thanks for your help,
could you please explain more what is (_SB_.PCI0.RP21) i have always thought or understood that _SB_.PCI0 is slot number ..which from your reply now i know it is not slot number. in this case (_SB_.PCI0.RP21) what is this what is behind each dot means. thanks.

My main rig is msi unify itx z590. this pro art, i got it used from my local market group, the pro art z490 has in built tb yes i understand if i put in the second slot i will get gpu into x8. when i plugged in the lan card to the last pcie the inbuilt tb is switched off. i understand that. do you think we could make this board have 4tb ports if i leave the last slot empty? two ports from in built, two additional from flashed titan ridge.

from hackindrom
{
External (_SB_.PCI0.RP21, DeviceObj)
External (_SB_.PCI0.RP21.PXSX, DeviceObj)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i will have to replace from RP21 to PEG2 as your suggesstion? like this? what about _SB_.PCI0 does it aslo have to change??

thanks.

{
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG2 , DeviceObj)
External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG2 .PXSX, DeviceObj)
no SB_.PCI0 does not have to change the path to your TB card if in the second slot is SB_.PCI0.RP21.

It is a path PEG2 is the slot on PCI bus 0 on the system board that is about as much in-depth as I understand. If you want to use the SSDT without modifying it then move the TB card to the bottom slot get it working with the default file and then try and move it and modify the file. I would also work on getting the AIC working the way you want before trying to get the AIC and the Onboard to work. I am def not the person to help you get all 4 to work.

Back