ATI Radeon 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Since the El Capitan clover bootloader wasn't working for my machine (after numerous attempts an entire weekend trying to make it work). I've decided to hold off on El Capitan until the bootloader bugs have been worked out. But clover seems to have embedded itself in my ATI Bios (i have a Gigabyte 277-P3). Been trying to get rid of the clover boot options in bios and restore my bios settings pre-clover (clr cmos jumper, removing Mobo battery, etc.) but clover can't be removed. What do I need to do to get clover out of the bios settings?

Clover doesn't install itself into the BIOS.

Clover installs itself to the hard drive where the system looks by default if you have it configured to boot UEFI and you select that hard drive to boot to.

So you have a number of options to boot differently, including:
  • Set BIOS to boot legacy only
  • Set BIOS to boot to a different hard drive
  • In BIOS boot priorities, choose the legacy entry for your hard drive as a higher priority than the UEFI entry (if you have a legacy boot loader installer)
  • Use the BIOS hotkey to select a boot device during startup and pick something other than UEFI boot for that drive
  • Install a different UEFI OS that will put its boot loader into the place where the system looks by default
  • Erase the EFI partition on that drive so UEFI booting is not possible for that drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back