Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

I only started exploring WhateverGreen this past week. My setup has been running fine for about year now, but like everybody with recent NVIDIA cards I'm stuck at High Sierra waiting for Mojave webdrivers.

@buddyjack2,

You can select different config.plists in Clover which you can use to test different configurations, make a copy of your current/working config.plist in /EFI/Clover and call it config-old.plist, you can then make changes to your active config.plist and if for some reasons the changes don't work and cause MacOS to KP or not boot then you can select config-old.plist from the Clover menu ( Options -> Configs and select config-old.plist) that way you'll always be able to boot MacOS to a working config.

Its handy method to try different configurations without effecting your working configuration, I use it all the time.

Cheers
Jay

I do notice that doing so increased boot time by about 3 minutes, with the Apple logo and progress bar completely filled-in, but just static for the extra time until finally the desktop appeared.
Please try checking this flag:
It resolved a similar problem for another user. Details here:

The video he posted shows just over 2 minutes of freeze, but after checking that flag, the system booted normally. Your mileage, of course, may vary...

headkaze:

I want to generate a usb kext for my Asus Z370-A. I've read your instruction closely, but I'm stuck at one point in particular:

• Clover Rename XHC1 -> XHC
• Clover Rename EHC1 -> EH01
• Clover Rename EHC2 -> EH02

If I do a rename in Clover, don't I need to obtain a "Find" and "Replace" value? I don't know if I need these or not. And where would I get those values (the "Find" value and the "Replace" value)

Do I need to remove some of my other renames and changes in the ACPI/DSDT/Patches section of my Clover config.plist or can I just leave them?

Given that I can get past that issue, can I assume the following is correct?:

1. Make the Clover renames, copy USBinjectall.kext into EFI/C/K/Other.
  2. As noted in your early step, change the uia_include and uia_exlcude as you specified
  3. Reboot, and upon loading the OS, run your utility.
  4. Identify your USB controllers, and copy the needed kexts (if needed) into EFI/C/K/Other, which should still include USBinjectall.kext?
  5. Reboot
  6. Load your tool, and start identifying your USB ports as you describe on the first post of this thread.

From there, I can follow your instructions. Is that right?

headkaze:

I want to generate a usb kext for my Asus Z370-A. I've read your instruction closely, but I'm stuck at one point in particular:

• Clover Rename XHC1 -> XHC

If I do a rename in Clover, don't I need to obtain a "Find" and "Replace" value? I don't know if I need these or not. And where would I get those values (the "Find" value and the "Replace" value)
Start by downloading master.zip from here:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/archive/master.zip

Contained within the ZIP are:
  • XHCI-Unsupported.kext <-- you will most likely need this
  • config_patches.plist <-- this file contains the above 3 ACPI patches; just copy-and-paste into your config.plist in the proper place
  • Bunch of other things that you may not need for this procedure
However, download latest USBInjectAll from here:

Do I need to remove some of my other renames and changes in the ACPI/DSDT/Patches section of my Clover config.plist or can I just leave them?
In most cases you can leave them.

Start by downloading master.zip from here:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/archive/master.zip

Contained within the ZIP are:
  • XHCI-Unsupported.kext <-- you will most likely need this
  • config_patches.plist <-- this file contains the above 3 ACPI patches; just copy-and-paste into your config.plist in the proper place
  • Bunch of other things that you may not need for this procedure
However, download latest USBInjectAll from here:

In most cases you can leave them.

Thanks for the quick reply! What about the three ACPI patches?

Clover Rename XHC1 -> XHC

If I do a rename in Clover, don't I need to obtain a "Find" and "Replace" value? I don't know if I need these or not. And where would I get those values (the "Find" value and the "Replace" value)?

Thanks for the quick reply! What about the three ACPI patches?

Clover Rename XHC1 -> XHC

If I do a rename in Clover, don't I need to obtain a "Find" and "Replace" value? I don't know if I need these or not. And where would I get those values (the "Find" value and the "Replace" value)?
Have a look inside config_patches.plist. As I mentioned, you only have to copy-and-paste...

Ok, thanks! It's in that list......of course....sorry!

First: So, the patch, Clover Rename XHC1 -> XHC is not in the list of patches. Therefore, ??

Second: I don't understand this instruction: Change the HS01,HS02 ports to the ones you have your mouse and keyboard attached
First of all, I only have 6 USB 2.0 (ports 9-14) in this motherboard. I don't understand how you would "connect" the ports I was using (HS13 +14) to HS01 and HS02.

Third: I only have three sets of USB 3 ports on the board. 2 external (USB31G1_56)in the back, and four internal (2 sets of pins, one labelled USB_31G1_12 and USB_31G1_34. I do have two 3.1 Gen 2 ports: USB31G2_EC1 and USB31G2_E2. This board doesn't have a lot of ports.

When it's booted normally, there are two USB controllers that appear in the list. Here they are: (on the left)

Finally, there appears to be a bug in the latest Hackintool. It caused a reboot, and then I got this......(on the right)

First: So, the patch, Clover Rename XHC1 -> XHC is not in the list of patches. Therefore, ??
Have a look at Line 37.

Second: I don't understand this instruction: Change the HS01,HS02 ports to the ones you have your mouse and keyboard attached
First of all, I only have 6 USB 2.0 (ports 9-14) in this motherboard. I don't understand how you would "connect" the ports I was using (HS13 +14) to HS01 and HS02.
  • Which port is your USB Keyboard plugged into? Let's say it is HS09.
  • Which port is your USB mouse plugged into? Let's say it is HS10.
  • When you exclude SSxx or HSxx ports, just make sure you do NOT exclude HS09 and HS10 (again, assuming that your keyboard and mouse are plugged there). If you exclude these ports your keyboard and mouse will not work when you reboot. So this is a safeguard against that. So keep "uia_include=HS09,HS10" at all times (again, change HS09 and HS10 to the actual keyboard and mouse port names).
Third: I only have three sets of USB 3 ports on the board. 2 external (USB31G1_56)in the back, and four internal (2 sets of pins, one labelled USB_31G1_12 and USB_31G1_34. I do have two 3.1 Gen 2 ports: USB31G2_EC1 and USB31G2_E2. This board doesn't have a lot of ports.

When it's booted normally, there are two USB controllers that appear in the list. Here they are: (on the left)

View attachment 384986View attachment 384985
You'll need XHCI-Unsupported.kext for the 200-series controller (0xA2AF). Do not worry about the second one.

Last edited:
The interface does not work in the original iMac 2017. There is no menu.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2019-02-05 в 16.09.27.png
    Снимок экрана 2019-02-05 в 16.09.27.png
    322.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Back