Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

I prefer to keep everything under XHC so I’m assuming I’m ok to remove FakePCIID.kext.

It depends on whether you're using other FakePCIID plugins or not.

The dropdown is empty for me when trying to select an audio layout, any clue why?
Can you please run "ioreg -l >ioreg.txt" from Terminal and post your ioreg.txt here.

Last edited:
My intel uhd620 has a vram of 1536. If a make a patch to 2048 what would be the benefit ?

Nothing really. I should probably remove the option.

A few weeks ago, as an experiment i tried the 2048MB VRAM patch via HD-Patcher & Device Properties, like you i really did not think it would make any difference but since implementing the patch i have not seen any glitches .... so I think that extra bit of VRAM does help if driving high resolution 4K displays ...

Hi headkaze

After seeing positive results with the 2GB IGPU VRAM patch myself, I added some notes about it to the Lilu & Plug-In's Guide .... since then another user has confirmed that it really does help when using a 4K display driven via the IGPU :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...u-and-its-plug-ins.260063/page-9#post-1864031

Just thought i'd let you know so you don't remove the option as you where considering in post #332

Cheers
Jay

@RehabMan I noticed @yobro has an audio controller called AppleGFXHDA8086_9DC8Controller. I had to add a similar search entry recently (AppleHDA8086_9D70Controller) as listed in AppleALC's CodecLookup.plist file. The problem with this one is there is no CodecList entry. What do you suggest this user does? Use FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext so it will spoof 8086:A348 -> 8086:A170? Will it also add the CodecList entry?

@RehabMan I noticed @yobro has an audio controller called AppleGFXHDA8086_9DC8Controller. I had to add a similar search entry recently (AppleHDA8086_9D70Controller) as listed in AppleALC's CodecLookup.plist file. The problem with this one is there is no CodecList entry. What do you suggest this user does? Use FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext so it will spoof 8086:A348 -> 8086:A170? Will it also add the CodecList entry?

I think the best solution here is to inject a device-id on HDEF that does not match AppleHDAGFX Info.plist.

I think the best solution here is to inject a device-id on HDEF that does not match AppleHDAGFX Info.plist.
I asked vit about this and he says it's odd that the wrong kext is being loaded. So we need debug logs. @yobro can you please use debug versions of Lilu + AppleALC along with -liludbgall liludump=60 boot args and then run the gen_debug.sh tool to generate the debug files (please include /var/log/Lilu_* files) and attach here please.

Last edited:
I asked vit about this and he says it's odd that the wrong kext is being loaded.

Not odd. It is how IOKit matching works.
Priority is given to IOPCIMatch (AppleGFXHDA) over IOPCIClassMatch (AppleHDAController).

Not odd. It is how IOKit matching works.
Priority is given to IOPCIMatch (AppleGFXHDA) over IOPCIClassMatch (AppleHDAController).
I think vit is aware of AppleGFXHDA and deals with it in AppleALC so I just think he wants to see why the wrong kext is being loaded in this case.

I think vit is aware of AppleGFXHDA and deals with it in AppleALC so I just think he wants to see why the wrong kext is being loaded in this case.

AppleALC cannot deal with IOKit matching issues. Must be done with device-id injection.

Back