Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

Also, I use 3 jacks (1 mic, 1 headphones, 1 speakers). If I manage to make Nvidia GPU send audio through the Display (via HDMI DDC) I my problem is solved. This works in Big Sur (with different GPU) or in High Sierra via motherboard HDMI port but right now it doesn't via dedicated nvidia card.

Hey @Leesureone ! Thanks for replying!
I think I will consider buying one of these, but it sucks to be honest. I see that there are plenty of users that created patches for ALC887, I want to be one of them.

But I see your point, and I want to thank you for it!
And no one has been able to share the results with you? It would be nice to be able to use the onboard sound, what version of the OS are you using? VoodooHDA.kext can work but there are steps to install it correctly.

Also, I use 3 jacks (1 mic, 1 headphones, 1 speakers). If I manage to make Nvidia GPU send audio through the Display (via HDMI DDC) I my problem is solved. This works in Big Sur (with different GPU) or in High Sierra via motherboard HDMI port but right now it doesn't via dedicated nvidia card.
Do you have a display port jack on the Nvidia card? If you do try that and possibly AppleALC will pick it up and let you pipe sound that way.

And no one has been able to share the results with you? It would be nice to be able to use the onboard sound, what version of the OS are you using? VoodooHDA.kext can work but there are steps to install it correctly.

And no one has been able to share the results with you?
Well, I see in closed pull requests on Github. I have not contacted anyone.

Voodoo indeed works for me but the mic sound is not good. It makes the mic super amplified.

Do you have a display port jack on the Nvidia card? If you do try that and possibly AppleALC will pick it up and let you pipe sound that way.
No, only HDMI and DVI port

Well, I see in closed pull requests on Github. I have not contacted anyone.

Voodoo indeed works for me but the mic sound is not good. It makes the mic super amplified.
Right, you posted that before, sorry. Have you tried loading or using the VoodooHDA Preferences in system settings? It can be tricky to get it loading but it might help

I have installed VoodooHDA as a kext (with opencore). I don't see any options in System Preferences.
Also, this is how it looks:
1641391957918.png

Install AppleALC.kext and then show your Hackintool Audio screenshot.

Using VoodooHDA.kext is usually a last resort and it doesn't require a layout-id to be entered in your config.plist.

@Edhawk
1. Nvidia Sound from Nvidia GT 1030 GPU (via HDMI) - notice the ??? in Codec name (this input doesn't work)
1641396609640.png

2. Realtek ALC887 (with layout id 2)

With layout id 2 I have blue and green jacks (rear) working, but not the mic (pink). See the picture below about the pink jack info
1641396689971.png

1641396770873.png

These are the layout-id's that are known to work with the ALC887 audio codec, and which are included in AppleALC.kext.

Layout ID - 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 20, 33, 40, 50, 52, 53, 87, 99

Are you saying you have tried them all and none of them work?

When you tried each id did you ClearNvram from the OC boot screen and reboot your system, before restarting macOS? If not it may be the ID you replaced wasn't completely cleared from the system.

Back