Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170 - D3H
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
Zotac 960 4GB
So, I had installed Windows 8.1 and MacOS Sierra on 2 separate drives. I was booting with clover and everything was working fine.

I recently formatted my Windows Hard disk and re-installed windows 10 this time.

Now, I dont see the clover bootloader when I start my PC. Windows 10 opens up and there's no sign of Clover or MacOS.

Could anybody please help ?

P.S - I haven't touched the hard disk which has Sierra.

Moved to Multi Booting.
The sticky guides at the top of this forum may help you.

Thank you for moving the thread in the right forum.

Could anybody help ? Sounds like a pretty strange problem to have, lol

Have a read of this thread; you can also do a forum search for other multi-boot related guides.

What you have described often happens because the windows UEFI boot files overwrite the existing ones (In this case Clover) so now windows will boot by default. The simple fix is likely to be re-installing Clover which will restore its boot files back to the default with the added bonus that Clover will usually still recognise the windows installation and allow you to boot from it.

Check the thread above first though and have a search for the other multi-boot guides to make sure nothing else has been missed.

This is why the advice is to always disconnect your MacOS drive before installing Windows on another drive. It has a habit of going its own way and overwriting things it shouldn't.

^^ So true. Looks like I may have to re-start all over again. haven't been able to sort this out.

^^ So true. Looks like I may have to re-start all over again. haven't been able to sort this out.

What happens when you Press F12 boot from OS X Drive? Majority of the time the Windows Bootloader takes over CLOVERX64.efi after reinstall or Windows Updates. Easy fix is to rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi. This was the case when i had a Windows 10 update anyway.

I cannot boot from OS X Drive. Its not shown under boot options. I can only boot into windows 10.

UPDATE - I managed to get clover back by copying back-uped EFI folder somehow. Now, I can boot into CLOVER and if I select Windows it boots up windows 10. But if I select MacOS, nothing happens, it just restarts my pc.

How can I make this CLOVER now recognize and boot MacOS ?

UPDATE - I managed to get clover back by copying back-uped EFI folder somehow. Now, I can boot into CLOVER and if I select Windows it boots up windows 10. But if I select MacOS, nothing happens, it just restarts my pc.

How can I make this CLOVER now recognize and boot MacOS ?

Well, I reinstalled Sierra and everything's working now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back