Contribute
Register

Redoing my UniBeast... can I install my "Extra" folder to avoid using boot flags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7
Graphics
Sapphire R9 280X 3GB
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Everyone,

I have a successfully running Mavericks 9.0.1 using UniBeast. I want to redo my UniBeast USB stick so I don't have to put in any boot flags. My board needed a number of boot flags and some were uncommon and want to avoid having to remember them every time I install Mavericks.

I did a search but didn't find anything, but remember someone suggested placing the Extra's folder or the contents of the Extra folder somewhere on the UniBeast USB stick to avoid any boot flag problems.

So where can I place the Extra's files on UniBeast USB stick to make booting easier?

Many Thanks!

John V.

I was able to figure this out.

The boot portion of the UniBeast USB thumb drive is invisible so I used an app called, "Show Hide Invisible files" v1.6. Once the invisible files/folders were visible I was able to see and access the root and Extra folder.

All the files copied are from my existing Mavericks' Extra folder. The reason I'm doing is in my first post.

Copied "FileNVRAM.dylib" to the Extra/modules folder

Copied the below files to the Extra folder.

DSDT.aml
org.chameleon.Boot.plist
nvram.00000000-0000-0000-0000-xxxxxxxxxxxxx.plist
smbios.plist
SSDT.aml

There were a couple files I couldn't copy as the existing files with the same name were "locked" and received a warning. I was able to open each locked file in a text editor and copy and paste the existing Mavericks' file content to the appropriate UniBeast files.

Results were as I hope! No boot flags or problems installing Mavericks on a new SDD. I have a nice dedicated UniBeast USB thumb drive for my Z68XP-UD3.

Actually the new stick did save me a ton of time. I ran into the dreaded 4K boot0 error problem and couldn't boot into Mavericks alone. I eventually found the solution to fix the 4K boot0 error problem after many restarts. Was nice not having to input all those boot flags at every restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back