Contribute
Register

Recording Studio Rig: i7-2700K | GA-Z68X-UD7 | Radeon HD6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlo69 said:
Hi, how are you all, well just build my own custommac with a Z68, similar to yours BoomR estimated, if not too much trouble, we could spend the plans or measures that have built module. Thanks and a hug

I'm not quite sure what you're asking about - would you mind saying again?

BoomR said:
Charlo69 said:
Hi, how are you all, well just build my own custommac with a Z68, similar to yours BoomR estimated, if not too much trouble, we could spend the plans or measures that have built module. Thanks and a hug

:lol: I don't think the translating program worked very well.

Stork said:
BoomR said:
Charlo69 said:

:lol: I don't think the translating program worked very well.

Well, regardless... I appreciate the hug :thumbup: :D

Hi all, I only speak Castilian, do not speak English, but I need are the measures or the background to make the furniture of the study. A hug again

Charlo69 said:
Hi all, I only speak Castilian, do not speak English, but I need are the measures or the background to make the furniture of the study. A hug again

I got the idea & a lot of good information & resources from the gearslutz.com forum. Here's a link to the thread that started my project for the console/desk (there are lots of pictures & ideas that you can use to build your own):

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/179243-building-poors-man-euphonix-system-5-mc-w-pics.html

You may have to sign up for the forum in order to view properly...

Absolutely love this setup and how you custom built the desk for the task. The environment in which you use your PC is as important to me as the PC itself. I'm currently building a similar type desk and setup for video/photo editing/production. though there will be some music/audio work done on it as well

Does your wood floor just sort of sit on too of the carpet?

randallphoto said:
Does your wood floor just sort of sit on too of the carpet?

I actually had a flooring guy come in & cut away the carpet & finish the edges, leaving the exposed original sub flooring . I got a couple of pieces of thin ply & ran them contrary to the seams in the original sub flooring. Then I laid the light maple flooring atop the 2nd layer of subfloor. The folks at Lumber Liquidators made me a good price on some remnants and also had the finish trim for around the edge.

Having the wood really helps warm up both the look & the sound of the room. the additional layer of sub flooring covering up the original sub floor seams, then the finish layer of wood also helps with soundproofing from the room below, too. :thumbup:

Hi, :wave:

I'm a beginner in Hackintosh, and I would like to build the same PC as you did, with a dual boot (Win7 Home Premium x64 + Mac OSX Lion 10.7). When I'm running Lion, I want to be able to use Logic Pro 9 and Final Cut Pro. I have two questions:

- Do you know if these 2 softwares work well on this build ?

- Will these softwares work with any Golden Build from the forum as long as Lion works properly on it, or do they still need to be tested even if Lion works well ?

By the way, thanks to the whole team for the work you do ! :thumbup:

teka5 said:
When I'm running Lion, I want to be able to use Logic Pro 9 and Final Cut Pro.
I can confirm they are working fine. Just get yourself a well thought out build, CustoMacs or "golden" builds.

CustoMacs are located in tonymacx86 Recommend Builds (and Components) link my signature block. Currently, the Recommended Builds are still Sandy Bridge systems (H6x/Z68 mobos and i3/i5/i7-2xxx processors). However, as soon as Apple updates Lion to support Ivy Bridge and/or Mountain Lion is released (~1 August), the Recommended Builds will be updated.

So, if You have to have a system right now, I'd recommend the Z68 mobo series with either an i5-2500K or i7-2600K/2700K processors.

Additionally, read the Music forum section to see what systems other recording members are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back