Contribute
Register

Recording Studio 2.0: Core i7 3770K | GA-Z77X-UP5 TH | 32GB | HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recording Studio 2.0: Core i7 3770K | GA-Z77X-UP5 TH | 16GB | HD4000

Hi boobR! I have similar hardware than yours and I want to work with my divi 002 firewire interface. How I do it? I try to this by myself but it didnt work. I tried many drivers and didn't work. Now I reintstalled mountain lion to the version 10.8.2 and I installed logic 9. what to do now?
thanks for the help and sorry for my english!

Hi boobR! I have similar hardware than yours and I want to work with my divi 002 firewire interface. How I do it? I try to this by myself but it didnt work. I tried many drivers and didn't work. Now I reintstalled mountain lion to the version 10.8.2 and I installed logic 9. what to do now?
thanks for the help and sorry for my english!

I'm assuming you meant "Digi 002" (Digidesign 002) Firewire interface :thumbup:

• First, make sure you CLICK HERE and download the latest Mountain Lion drivers for 002/003 family of interfaces.
  • Second, be aware that there is a known issue with these drivers when used with audio apps OTHER than ProTools. CLICK HERE to read more...
  • Finally, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but be advised that AVID stopped any further support of the 002/003 family of interfaces in March 2013. You may have better luck if you go back to OSX 10.7.4 when using your device.

For what it's worth, always being on the latest/greatest version of an OS for your music studio computer has ALWAYS been frowned upon. "Big studio" guys always use whatever version remains stable & gives them all the feature that they want, and are never in a big hurry to upgrade their OS, computer, or audio interface hardware unless they really must upgrade/update to get new features/functionality.

Now, if you continue to have problems, your best bet is to make a proper post over in the Audio/Music forum. This thread is dedicated to questions & information/instructions on my build (hardware, software, settings, etc) and not to troubleshoot apps that run on the build. Hope you understand!!

--B

Just some quick comments on your proposed build components.
  • The motherboard and processor combo is an excellent choice that will do the job for you, but I recommend you consider the i7-3770K if your friend is a professional audio engineer; I have an i5-3570K in my Thunderball build, but I have an i7 in my Zorro build and can tell the difference when using Garageband;
  • The Belkin Firewire card is Out of Stock at Newegg, but I recommend the Firewire cards that Other World Computing sells (macsales.com) as their cards are always compatible with Mac OS X and use the Oxford/TI chipsets;
  • The 650 watt PSU has plenty of headroom for your component list; however, I recommend you serious consider a Gold or Platimium rated PSU as it will be more efficient (and quieter); I like Seasonic PSUs, but check out the recommended PSUs at silentpcreview.com;
  • Speaking of silence, I have the Corsair 600T - it's as tall as end table and not silent; I highly recommend the Fractal Design Define R4 case for silent running (I have the R3 version);
  • The Ripjaws memory has fins which might/may/will interfer with 3rd party processor coolers; consider the finless Corsair memory recommended in the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide;
  • Speaking of processor cooler, the Intel standard processor cooler is noisy(!): I'd recommend you consider a third party processor cooler, like the ones listed in the Buyer's Guide (I have the Thermaltake Water2.0 Performer and Arctic air processor coolers :thumbup:)
  • The Rosewill N900PCE Wireless N Dual Band Adapter is the same chipset as the TP-Link WDN4800 and $10 less (see Buyer's Guide);
  • The LG Optical Drive is a good choice as it is quieter than the Sony equivalent (I have an earlier version of the LG opitcial drive).
I didn't see a keyboard or mouse/tackpad on your list. I recommend the Logitech K750 Mac Solar (wireless) keyboard as it allow you to get into the BIOS where as the BT keyboards will not. The K760 has a very good feel for the touch typist. :thumbup: I like the Might Mouse as it plays very well with Apple's OS X. I also hae an Apple TrackPad which also is good alternative to the Mighty Mouse.

Well, that's my advice which you can consider. Good luck.

Got the system up an running, geek bench was a 8.6K idk 8gb ram

Does time machiene work. Or how do i use carbon copy or ccc

Only thing now is to explain a nice over clock tut!

Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 5.29.25 AM.jpg

Hi :) could you send me the link to download HWMonitor that you have installed? Thanks.
HW Monitor app is rolled into MultiBeast installer

Just want to thank you and the whole community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back