Contribute
Register

Recommendations for Upgraded Parts that Will Run Ventura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open config.plist with OpenCore Configurator and go to config.plist > PlatformInfo > DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM.
Thank you! Do I need to change serial number, UUID and MLB in order to be able to use iCloud, etc?

Thank you! Do I need to change serial number, UUID and MLB in order to be able to use iCloud, etc?
when I changed from MacBookPro13,1 to MacBookPro14,1 to install Ventura, I kept the same serial etc without an issue with icloud

Personally, I have always created new Serial, Board Serial, and UUID when switching system definitions. I've never tried using the same set of criteria across different system definitions.

Personally, I have always created new Serial, Board Serial, and UUID when switching system definitions. I've never tried using the same set of criteria across different system definitions.
I was thinking that might be the case, which is why I asked. Thank you.

I've never changed the serial number. I run 2 Hackintoshes with their Original Power Mac G4 / G5 serial numbers without any problems. I've only changed the MLB and the SMBIOS. It's like I would swap the main boards. ;) In the Apple account they will showed as Power Mac G4 and PowerMac G5 (running macOS 12). :)

I spoofed my Skylake laptop that has integrated Intel HD530 graphics to a kabylake smbios and ig-platform with no issues

newer version of whatevergreen has also been updated for this to happen:
Can I spoof from Skylake to Kabylake while still running Monterey, then do the upgrade to Ventura? Or how does that part of the process work?

Can I spoof from Skylake to Kabylake while still running Monterey, then do the upgrade to Ventura? Or how does that part of the process work?
yes, you can spoof while using Monterey, you will need the boot argument:
-igfxsklaskbl

remove it when you have installed Ventura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back