Contribute
Register

Recommend me a motherboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to bother you again Samisnake, but is this compatible?
Asus P8H77-V. As you said all other Asus *77 boards which are not Lk or LX

yes but you cant flash a modified bios on that (same as the Z77 LK or LX). i shouldve been explained myself better.
asus *77 boards need to have the usb flashback feature to be able to flash a modded rom.

yes but you cant flash a modified bios on that (same as the Z77 LK or LX). i shouldve been explained myself better.
asus *77 boards need to have the usb flashback feature to be able to flash a modded rom.
god this is confusing...so except the DS3H there is no other low-end OOB working board it seems..

not really (well kinda maybe, but not that confusing)

you want atx right?
if so theres the msi z77a-g41, gigabyte z77 ds3h, msi z77a-g43, msi z77a g45 which all sleep/wake without need for a modded dsdt.

asrock z77 pro 3/4,but i dont know for certain if theyll sleep/wake natively because noone has reported using one fully!

if you want to use matx as well, there is the msi z77ma-g45, asus p8z77-m, asus p8z77-m pro

if you want asus the cheapest ATX asus board that can use a modded bios is the p8z77-v LE.
the asus matx boards above are the cheapest that can flash a modded bios and sleep/wake natively.
all of the msi boards can flash a modded bios, and are confirmed to wake/sleep natively.
the asrock boards are not documented as well as the other brands, so sleep may work natively, it may not.

asrock z77 pro 3/4,but i dont know for certain if theyll sleep/wake natively because noone has reported using one fully!
Thanks again for the answer :) About the asrock boards, if i flash them, they will have working power management right?
I dont really like MSI as they're not really popular, or maybe they are but I rarely hear MSI motherboards been used.

yep. once modded bios is flashed, native power management works.

there are quite a few msi users, but definitely nowhere near the level of gigabyte or asus.
users such wfj have had good write ups using z77 and z68 msi boards, and ive seen quite a few users of the msi z77 atx and matx boards with successful builds.
in fact i cant say ive noticed a recent msi which hasnt slept natively.

thanks for all the answers :) leo015 asked most of the questions I was going to ask.
I have i7-3770 cpu which has the intel's turbo boost technology 2.0 but when I checked nowhere was written that the ga-z77-ds3h supports it.

PS - asrock z77 pro4 supports turbo boost 2.0

thanks for all the answers :) leo015 asked most of the questions I was going to ask.
I have i7-3770 cpu which has the intel's turbo boost technology 2.0 but when I checked nowhere was written that the ga-z77-ds3h supports it.

PS - asrock z77 pro4 supports turbo boost 2.0

So you're going with the Pro4? Im considering it as an option but i dont really now Asrock and im concerned about quality, as i do not intend to upgrade parts any time soon. On the other hand, I've heard that Asrock is produced by Asus or something. Anyhow, i would love to go with an Asus board but haven't found one which is recommended (Low-end that is.)

the asrock of old was budget and quirky; they used to come up with random things, like a board with agp and pcie, but current boards are solid, and compete with high end boards.

asus and asrock are no longer related. they separated when pegasus was split off from asus (or something along those lines)
this has benefited asrock products, if anything.

the asrock of old was budget and quirky; they used to come up with random things, like a board with agp and pcie, but current boards are solid, and compete with high end boards.

asus and asrock are no longer related. they separated when pegasus was split off from asus (or something along those lines)
this has benefited asrock products, if anything.
Hey i found one of your posts in Asus Bios Roms. Can all these Asus motherboards be flashed and work natively?
P8Z77-I DELUXE
P8Z77-M
P8Z77-M PRO
P8Z77-V
P8Z77-V DELUXE
P8Z77-V LE
P8Z77-V LE PLUS
P8Z77-V PREMIUM
P8Z77-V PRO
P8Z77-V PRO THUNDERBOLT
P8Z77-WS
SABERTOOTH Z77