Contribute
Register

Recommend me a motherboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
all of those can flash modified bioses.
from what ive seen, all of them can work without a modded dsdt (except the p8z77-i deluxe which needs modified dsdt for sleep)

mobon.png
Is it just a bug or GB doesn't support turbo boost? It's really important for me because I'll need the turbo boost (my cpu can't be overclocked) :x

i would like to highlight that all Z77 motherboards support turbo boost 2 (even if they forget to mention it) they do support it and you can enabled / disable it in the BIOS.

Best of luck

Hi,

I'm going to build hackintosh with gtx 660Ti, i5 3550 and MSI Z77A-G43 or GA-Z77-DS3H.
Is it possible to get through the osx installation with 660Ti, since the integrated hd 2500 is not supported?

Can anyone write whether the gtx 660Ti + Z77A-G43 will be working with power saving and sleep?
It's also crucial for me to have opencl and cuda working...
I have read that the LAN card in the Z77A-G43 sometimes stops working. Can this issue be somehow fixed?

hi, im new to hackintosh and i want to ask about the asrock z77 pro3. based from what i understand i know that the board need to be flashed with modified bios for native power management, but does it need modified dsdt also? i will pair it with i5 3570k and does it have other problem? based on the spec it has lan and audio that work with hackintosh. thanks in advance

you need to make a slight edit to the dsdt for sleep to work with that asrock

all youd have to do is extract it, then use the edits in that thread (for z77 boards, use elinato's post on page 5 of that thread).

tbh, if you are looking at buying a board, go for an asus, gigabyte or msi over the asrock.
if you already have the board though, no problem

thanks for giving me your opinion. i would prefer a ga board too but the up5-th is the only hackintosh approved board in my country. its way over my budget. what your opinion on msi z77a g43. it will need the patched bios but does it need modified dsdt? it cost more 20$ more but i think it can fit to my budget.

no such thing as a 'hackintosh approved board'.

loads of boards work well, that msi z77a g43 will work fine.
just needs a modded bios for power management, doesnt need dsdt edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back