Contribute
Register

Recomended graphic card for HTPC with dual HDMI-outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This:

HDCP can cause problems for users who want to connect multiple screens to a device; for example, a bar with several televisions connected to one satellite receiver. HDCP devices can create multiple keys, allowing each screen to operate, but the number varies from device to device; e.g., a Dish or Sky satellite receiver can generate 16 keys. The technology sometimes causes handshaking problems where devices cannot establish a connection, especially with older high-definition displays.

Edward Felten wrote "the main practical effect of HDCP has been to create one more way in which your electronics could fail to work properly with your TV," and concluded in the aftermath of the master key fiasco that HDCP has been "less a security system than a tool for shaping the consumer electronics market."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCP_strip ... cumvention

Thanks for the advices regarding new cables and adapters.
I'm not really sure this will help though.
Im running a dual boot on my machine, and when booting into Windows 7 I get picture even with the DVI - HDMI connector connected. I've tried installing NV-enabler and also "graphics enbler = yes", but still no picture just after the boot-sequence, apple-wheelspinningbelow..

So it feels like it's something regarding more to kexts/enablers/configuration more than hardware....am I right?

I'm running my system on a Easybeast installation, without DSDT, but everything seems to be working.....except this of course.

Anybody who knows if this is possible to fix in OSX? Or do I have to buy myself a new card?

Looks like my 9800 GT have a lot of troubles to convert DVI - HDMI because of HDCP issues...I think.
Because of this I'm thinking of just buying myself another card that's fully OsX-supported to have the following 100% working OOTB: (and get rid of my headache..:))

* 2 X HDMI outputs (no sound needed)...if not originally equipped, then with working adapter that's confirmed to work 100%.
* Dual screen working
* No fan - silent (HTPC)
* Full HD (..not gaming)

Someone here named 1337 said that a NVIDIA GT240 does all the above, can anybody else confirm this?
Any answer is highly appreciated!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back