i5 > Need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!

I would be thankful for any help choosing the right graphic card for my new HTPC. I'm gonna connect it to both my Tv, and Projector using 2 x HDMI, The sound doesnt have to go that way, but if possible then I'm happy.
I would lika to have a cooling that's passive, to reduce noise, but if it's equipped with a low-noise fan, thats alright then....any suggestion?

The only musts is that it's:

* possible to play 1080p
* 2 x HDMI outputs, or equal with working adapter (DVI - HDMI etc...)
* Dual screen capable

Doesnt have to be a superfast card, because I dont play videogames.
Kind regards!

Does it need audio over the HDMI?

No it doesnt. I'm planning to connect the audio directly to my amplifier.

turkiskpeber said:
Hello!

I would be thankful for any help choosing the right graphic card for my new HTPC. I'm gonna connect it to both my Tv, and Projector using 2 x HDMI, The sound doesnt have to go that way, but if possible then I'm happy.
I would lika to have a cooling that's passive, to reduce noise, but if it's equipped with a low-noise fan, thats alright then....any suggestion?

The only musts is that it's:

* possible to play 1080p
* 2 x HDMI outputs, or equal with working adapter (DVI - HDMI etc...)
* Dual screen capable

Doesnt have to be a superfast card, because I dont play videogames.
Kind regards!

NVIDIA GT240 OR YOU NEED MORE POWER HD 5770 :headbang:

use dvi to hdmi adapters. DVI and HDMI are essentially the same signal and dont need a converter and have the same display quality.

Any of them or do I have to buy a specific mark ?
In that case maybee this could work well:

Gigabyte GeForce GT 240 Silent HDMI 1GB

It's equipped with:

1 x DVI
1 x HDMI
1 x D-SUB

Is it gonna work to connect a DVI - HDMI adapter to get dual HDMI out, on the DVI-port?
By the way, thanks for the fast reply!

Are you sure about that? In fact I'm having trouble right now, to get picture on my TV, with a card having

2 x DVI outputs

I connect them to my TV, and my projector using a DVI - HDMI adapter, but cant get it to work. With the card connected directly

DVI - DVI = no problem, not even with dualscreen
DVI - HDMI, through adapter=no picture *

* I have picture during boot screen, then when the ball spinns in the grey window, but not after booting to desktop - just turns blue

Graphic card: ASUS EN9800GT/HTDP/1GbMD3

My understanding is that there are three DVIs: DVI-A, DVI-D, and DVI-I. The last two should work with the appropriate converter.

turkiskpeber said:

Are you sure about that? In fact I'm having trouble right now, to get picture on my TV, with a card having

2 x DVI outputs

I connect them to my TV, and my projector using a DVI - HDMI adapter, but cant get it to work. With the card connected directly

DVI - DVI = no problem, not even with dualscreen
DVI - HDMI, through adapter=no picture *

* I have picture during boot screen, then when the ball spinns in the grey window, but not after booting to desktop - just turns blue

Graphic card: ASUS EN9800GT/HTDP/1GbMD3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hdmi#Compa ... y_with_DVI

Conclusion is...?
Could it be either the adapter or the cables then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back