Contribute
Register

Rebranding the Atheros 928x cards - The guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info...

I've searched for 3 hours now and I cannot find an AR5BHB92 that has 802.11ac or any Atheros cards that support AC. It looks like it's a dual band, mini pci card that has 2 antenna connections.

I even called HP and they won't even help because they say doing any kind of upgrade isn't supported. I told them I don't want support, I just want a part number for a card that will work. PUTZ!

Anyway, if SOMEONE, ANYONE can give me a part number, ebay item number, ANYTHING to go on, I will be forever in your debt! I will even make a donation to the individual if allowed or to the site or both. I am desperate to get this upgraded!

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Tom

Thanks for the info...

I've searched for 3 hours now and I cannot find an AR5BHB92 that has 802.11ac or any Atheros cards that support AC. It looks like it's a dual band, mini pci card that has 2 antenna connections.

I even called HP and they won't even help because they say doing any kind of upgrade isn't supported. I told them I don't want support, I just want a part number for a card that will work. PUTZ!

Anyway, if SOMEONE, ANYONE can give me a part number, ebay item number, ANYTHING to go on, I will be forever in your debt! I will even make a donation to the individual if allowed or to the site or both. I am desperate to get this upgraded!

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Tom

You're looking for a Unicorn. AR9280 is not 802.11ac capable.

I have an ARB95H card (AR9285) which I bought years ago, while investigating if the 4540s was whitelisted. This card didn't work back then, but according to the compatibility lists it will work if rebranded? Is this correct? Should I use Windows 7 (64bit) which I have but rarely use, or Linux Mint (Ubuntu based) which I've used for years. The original guide is for windows, the repair guide is for Linux. Any chance of a stand alone Linux guide to rebrand? It will be fitted in an Ivybridge HD4000, 7 series hack.Pete

Last edited:
I have an ARB95H card (AR9285) which I bought years ago, while investigating if the 4540s was whitelisted. This card didn't work back then, but according to the compatibility lists it will work if rebranded? Is this correct? Should I use Windows 7 (64bit) which I have but rarely use, or Linux Mint (Ubuntu based) which I've used for years. The original guide is for windows, the repair guide is for Linux. Any chance of a stand alone Linux guide to rebrand? It will be fitted in an Ivybridge HD4000, 7 series hack.Pete

I use Linux for rebrand. It is easier than hassling with Windows driver signing issues...

Which laptop are you planning to do this for?

I use Linux for rebrand. It is easier than hassling with Windows driver signing issues...

Which laptop are you planning to do this for?

4540s

Okay, well I'm not running Apple OS I'm running Windows. My thoughtdare will it bypass the BIOS whitelist on Wi-Fi cards?

Okay, well I'm not running Apple OS I'm running Windows. My thoughtdare will it bypass the BIOS whitelist on Wi-Fi cards?

There is no way to disable the whitelist on the 4530s.

Refer to the 4530s service manual for a list of HP WiFi cards that are compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back