Contribute
Register

Rebranding BCM94322MC based on prasys guide. What device id?

Status
Not open for further replies.
stuckwithme247 said:
Does anyone have this card working on 10.7.3?
yea its running perfect

titsmgee said:
stuckwithme247 said:
Does anyone have this card working on 10.7.3?
yea its running perfect

Interesting. What do you think about "rebranding" an Apple card? :)

Update: I followed sanguinarypc's guide, it seems like I already had these ID's on my original Apple card...

SPROM(0x004), subp, Subsystem Product ID = 0x008E <------------------ That are the New SubIDs After the rebranding
SPROM(0x006), subv, Subsystem Vendor ID = 0x106B <------------------ That are the New SubIDs After the rebranding

Still don't understand why it isn't being recognized in OS X, but Ubuntu 11.10 and Windows 7 can use it fine. Could it be a conflict from the DSDT I use?

It could very well be a DSDT issue, sounds like OSX cant find the location of the card.
Did you ever have it running in OSX?
Have you tried moving the card to a different PCI-e slot on your mobo?
Does anything run in the PCI-e slot?

titsmgee said:
It could very well be a DSDT issue, sounds like OSX cant find the location of the card.
Did you ever have it running in OSX?
Have you tried moving the card to a different PCI-e slot on your mobo?
Does anything run in the PCI-e slot?

Definitely doesn't seem to be DSDT, because I rebooted without the DSDT and all that happened was I lost my audio. Right before that I booted to my 10.7.3 UniBeast usb drive and the Wi-Fi was there in the installer!! I guess I should reformat, but as a last resort I might try disabling my ethernet kext, Apple E1000e. It's weird, I didn't think there were specific files that the installer copies based on your hardware, maybe it does and that's why it's not there?

[SOLUTION] It was a problem with my ethernet kext. The one I installed from MultiBeast had replaced my entire IONetworkingFamily.kext. Fortunately the actual kext for my specific ethernet device was included as a standalone kext within the patched one. My solution was to go back to the original IONetworkingFamily and just install the AppleIntelE100e.kext from the patched IONetworkingFamily to S\L\E

stuckwithme247 said:
It's weird, I didn't think there were specific files that the installer copies based on your hardware, maybe it does and that's why it's not there?

It doesn't. I put my Wi-Fi in after installing my OS.

Hey guys,

I'm having major problems with the Linux side of things here, every time I try to:

Code:
cd b43-tools/ssb_sprom

I get this-

Code:
bash: cd: b43-tools/ssb_sprom: No such file or directory

Google-fu bears no real help, would appreciate some help,

Cheers!

Am I the only one having Wifi getting disconnected every 5 minutes ?

superandy07 said:
Hey guys,

I'm having major problems with the Linux side of things here, every time I try to:

Code:
cd b43-tools/ssb_sprom

I get this-

Code:
bash: cd: b43-tools/ssb_sprom: No such file or directory

Google-fu bears no real help, would appreciate some help,

Cheers!

Since the guide was originally written the url in step 8 has changed from http://git.bu3sch.de/git/b43-tools.git to git://git.bu3sch.de/b43-tools.git so you will need to run that command again with the correct url and all should be good

deckert said:
Since the guide was originally written the url in step 8 has changed from http://git.bu3sch.de/git/b43-tools.git to git://git.bu3sch.de/b43-tools.git so you will need to run that command again with the correct url and all should be good

When I tried git://git.bu3sch.de/b43-tools.git originally the connection kept timing out, so I tried git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/b43-tools.git; this did download to my home folder but I still could never get the cd b43-tools/ssb_sprom command to work.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back