Contribute
Register

Rebranding BCM94322MC based on prasys guide. What device id?

Status
Not open for further replies.
titsmgee said:
Thanks for the links. Yes, they both use the Prasys method, which requires the b43 firmware. Even though b43 is supported on the 43224, I can't get the technique to work. The 43224 and the newer 43228 use new drivers known as sla. I have not found a tool for those drivers. The IO80211Family/BCM4331 is most likely the OS X version of sla. Need a patch to disable the subsystem-vendor-id check.

Hey guys, I have the same exact card, only it seems to be an apple part, but i'm having issues with it. For instance, transferring things computer to computer across the network is practically useless(though airdrop seems to work pretty quickly), streaming anything across the network is pointless as well. But in and out communication(such as web surfing, and watching videos on netflix) works just fine. I have a program called PS3 media server that I use to watch movies and videos out in the living room on the tv. When I first start it it doesn't see anything on the network even if the PS3 is running but if i turn the airport card off and back on (via turn wifi off/on in the menu bar) it works for a while, but after a while I have to restart the program and cycle the wifi again to get it back up and running. I don't think this is an issue with the program as it works fine with a real mac. Anyone got any suggestions on these issues?

Has anybody managed to get a native support of the Netgear N300 WN311B ?

Anyone have experience rebranding a BCM94311MCG card that I got out of my old HP laptop for use in my mac with the adapter? If so, can someone give me the info on rebranding it.

FYI, I have the BCM94322MC that was reported as a "Third Party" wireless card. In ML 10.8.1 & 10.8.2 it would experience frequent data drop outs requiring me to toggle wifi on/off. I originally rebranded per this thread to subp of 0x008E but that had the same dropout problem. I ended up rebranding to subp to 0x0093 and using different BCM drivers in lieu of the Apple default IO80211Family.kext. You can see more details at my post. YMMV.

Hi,
thank you for your great instruction for rebranding BCM4322 WiFi card - mine works now as an Aiport oob. With your instruction I was even able to change the Country Code (ccode) from US to DE (Germany) giving me two additional channels (12+13). Used Ubuntu 12.10 Desktop 64 bit, live with USB stick (Pendrive).
One thing I want to inform you is, that the resource of one component changed, I had to substitute following line:

-- git clone git://git.bu3sch.de/b43-tools.git --- the resource path is no longer reachable (since some days)

-- git clone git://git.bues.ch/b43-tools.git -- that worked well

Again many thanks for your work !

Best regards from Germany,
Kai Spiess

Does anyone has the problem taht after rebranding it, no networks are detected???

I bought a Linksys WMP300N (PCI, not PCIe) and it's detected as an airport card but it can't detect any network. The router is just next to the antenna.

I even changed the PCI id and no need to modify the kext to get the card detected. On windows works just fine.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back