Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear Community,

I just made a new build and booting the installer is painless. Even reaching macOS itself went without a hitch. However I am now in the phase of post installation and it is giving me a little problem. Everything is working fine until I install the latest Nvidia Webdrivers (for 10.13 Supplemental update). After that my computer is no longer able to boot.

When booting in verbose mode it does not show anything useful. It just shows NvidiaWeb startup (Nothing else about Nvidia, I don't know if this could be an indicator) and a bunch of other things. After that it randomly reboots without any error.

My build:
Gigabyte-Z270X-Gaming 5
Nvidia 1060 GTX 3GB
Intel i7-7700k (Intel HD 630)

My installation is a fresh installation with only FakeSMC,IntelGraphicsFixup,NvidiaGraphicsFixup and Lilu added trough clover injection.

I hope some of you know why this is happening

One possible reason: a new feature in 10.13, User Approved Kext Loading. You need to do at least one of:
  • Disable the feature with SIP CSR flags
  • Add the Nvidia 'Team ID' to an overriding list of approved developers
  • Approve the kexts, adding them to a kext policy database as approved
There's a GUI security popup to approve the kexts, but apparently it doesn't pop up if SIP is 'disabled' partially or otherwise.

I enabled SIP before installing the drivers, then approved the kext, then turned SIP back off.

Should SIP stay enabled?

I enabled SIP before installing the drivers, then approved the kext, then turned SIP back off.

Should SIP stay enabled?
Depending on what you have installed SIP should always stay disabled. Are you still unable to boot?

My SIP is currently disabled. I am still not able to boot. It starts booting but after a few seconds it kust restarts Without any indication

My SIP is currently disabled. I am still not able to boot. It starts booting but after a few seconds it kust restarts Without any indication
Your profile indicates that you have a Laptop.
This is a Desktop support thread, for help with a Laptop you should post in the relevant Laptop forum.

Your profile indicates that you have a Laptop.
This is a Desktop support thread, for help with a Laptop you should post in the relevant Laptop forum.
As stated in the upper post this is a new build. I still have and use my laptop so I have put that in my profile.

You can find the build components in the upper post

As stated in the upper post this is a new build. I still have and use my laptop so I have put that in my profile.

You can find the build components in the upper post
Consider adding the details of your desktop build to your signature to avoid confusion.

So you approved the web drivers in the pop up, and have been unable to boot since? Do you have FakeSMC installed on your EFI partition? Edit: you approved the kexts in system security preferences after the alert dialog

So you approved the web drivers in the pop up, and have been unable to boot since? Do you have FakeSMC installed on your EFI partition?
I indeed do, I can see the Message DSMOS arrived, which means FakeSMC is loaded if I’m not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back