Contribute
Register

Reboot loop after installing Nvidia WebDrivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I indeed do, I can see the Message DSMOS arrived, which means FakeSMC is loaded if I’m not mistaken.
Boot into recovery, run in a terminal
Code:
kextcache -i /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD
escaping any spaces in the path with a backslash and replacing Macintosh HD with the name of the volume that won't boot.

You can also add debug=0x100 to your boot arguments if you want, it might help with the cause of the reboots.

Boot into recovery, run in a terminal
Code:
kextcache -i /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD
escaping any spaces in the path with a backslash and replacing Macintosh HD with the name of the volume that won't boot.

You can also add debug=0x100 to your boot arguments if you want, it might help with the cause of the reboots.
I rebuilt the kextcache succesfully but this did not change anything.
I booted with debug=0x100 and this resulted in the computer not restarting but just leaving the computer frozen at the point where it would restart. No extra information is shown though

I rebuilt the kextcache succesfully but this did not change anything.
I booted with debug=0x100 and this resulted in the computer not restarting but just leaving the computer frozen at the point where it would restart. No extra information is shown though
At any point did you manually uninstall the web drivers? And post a photo of the frozen screen if possible.

This is a clean install, nothing has been touched expect for the Installation of the Graphics drivers.

I am using SMBios 18.3 I don’t know if this could be a problem

I’ll add a photo in a few seconds

I am using SMBios 18.3 I don’t know if this could be a problem
If you are using the latest version of Fixup and Lilu it shouldn't be.

I am using 1.2.1 of fixup and 1.2.0 of Lilu

https://prnt.sc/h10nsj
Here is a screenshot
The web driver isn't loading correctly. Are you sure you went into security preferences and pressed 'allow' for the Nvidia kexts, immediately after the installation and before you rebooted?

The web driver isn't loading correctly. Are you sure you went into security preferences and pressed 'allow' for the Nvidia kexts, immediately after the installation and before you rebooted?
The screen even opened by itself I only had to click on allow.

I can try reinstalling macOS High Sierra from USB but what causes the drivers not to load properly?

The screen even opened by itself I only had to click on allow.

I can try reinstalling macOS High Sierra from USB but what causes the drivers not to load properly?
Not sure, but you should be seeing NVDAStartupWeb: Web or similar during normal boot. You aren't injecting Nvidia in clover configuration? Should be InjectIntel=true and AMD/Nvidia=false

Not sure, but you should be seeing NVDAStartupWeb: Web or similar during normal boot. You aren't injecting Nvidia in clover configuration? Should be InjectIntel=true and AMD/Nvidia=false
Intel is injected, Edid and Nvidia are not

I am seeing NVDAStartupWeb: official.

Whenever I boot with nv_disable=1 I get a few messages saying kext not loaded due to nv_disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back