Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5TH
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 980ti
Hi everyone - I'm trying to start over b/c I was having a LOT of trouble with 10.11.4

My brother (an IT guy) made me a bootable usb with latest UniBeast and El Capitan 10.11.1 (YAY!) But now new problem:

• I power on and push F12
• Screen shows me an option to choose my usb boot disk. I choose my bootable USB and press enter
• I only get "Reboot and Select proper Boot Device" screen.
• I Tried all my usb2 ports. No love.
• Note: In BIOS sometimes my boot drive is available in Boot Option #1, and sometimes no. This has been case no matter what version of El Cap I'm trying to use. But in the Save & Exit screen, I DO see my usb listed there, so I'm guessing it's being read/seen.

I've been trying to do this for weeks with no end in sight, and now switching to what would hopefully be an easier install, with 10.11.1, I seem to get stopped even shorter than before. Somebody's help would be SO appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Does the BOOT USB section show your USB stick AND a UEFI USB stick? In the BIOS you should have selected UEFI for all storage devices, then select UEFI USB MultiBeast for booting.

If you can boot into Windows, make a Recovery USB stick and see if you can boot into it. If you can then your PC can boot through USB. The fact that it bypasses your USB probably means that UniBeast should try again to create a different USB stick.

You may need to reset your BIOS, usually through a jumper change or push button, then reconnect the power cable, turn on the PC and go into the BIOS and make sure that it can be seen. Before exiting turn off the Intel Speed Step, VT-D, serial port, etc. (all the things that the El Capitan Installation Guide suggests.)

Once you can see it in the BIOS change the USB to the first boot priority. After the install, hopefully successful, go back into the BIOS and set it as either the second boot device or after the CD ROM boot device.

I'm having the same problem. No sound in El Capitan no matter what I did so I tried a fresh install to restore my AppleHDA.kext. The installation failed and now I can't boot into any of the internal drives, USB, a carbon copy of my old install, nothing. I've cleared my CMOS, restored BIOS to optimized settings and tried changing all sorts of things. I still get the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" every single time. I've even made a completely fresh USB with Unibeast and still nothing.

My system was running fine in Mavericks and only missing audio in El Capitan, but now its completely useless.

HELP!!!!

When it comes to Audi the first thing to do si to make sure that "Built-in" is selected in the Sound/Audio Out tabs in System Preferences.

If you can't boot into your USB, are you able to see two entries on a UEFI capable motherboard, USB and UEFI-USB? Same for CDRom drive.

If you used UEFI-boot_device to install an OS then you may need to get into the Clover UEFI Shell and issue a Reset command, exit, power off before it tries to boot a device, power up, get into the BIOS, set your boot priorities (just in case it bypasses the hitting of the keyboard "F" key to select the boot device (you know, like in Windows... )) If you can get into Windows make sure you deselect "Fast Boot" in the Control Panel Power settings - otherwise it will hybrid shutdown and go into Deep Sleep or Hibernation. To test, if you have separate disc drives, disconnect the Windows disc. If the disconnected Windows disc has the bootloader than you won't be able to boot into OSX, but you may be able to boot through USB after issuing a UEFI Reset command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back