Contribute
Register

Reboot after the first part of the installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your EFI is a huge mess. You shouldn't have both Clover and Opencore in the same EFI.
For Big Sur I recommend Opencore. Follow the Dortania guide but when you start to run the install you need to follow the instructions in the link I posted for 3) above.

it will take you to the post that tells you how to work around your problem.

If you can post your DSDT dumped from Windows or Linux with SSDTime - I will see if I can clean up your EFI and SSDT's and check for any problems. I see you have used the pre-built SSDT's - they usually work but I had to adapt a few things to work.

You need two things:

1) a clean EFI that's configured properly for your system (with an Embedded Controller SSDT)
2) follow the install guide for X299 users with broken NVRAM, I shared the link in post #7
Thank you, I understand everything, this evening I will create the DSDT and send it to you.
I will also look for the procedure of step 3.

Hi, here is the DSDT and SSDT_PLUG obtained from SSDTTime-master.
Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Results.rar
    19 KB · Views: 22
You can try this EFI - Some things on the EVGA X299 DARK are similar to my MSI X299 PRO some are different. I can't be sure this is perfect but should be OK starting point.

This is based on Opencore 0.6.3 and you need to make some changes before you can use it:

1. This is setup for -v boot-arg verbose output while you troubleshoot and get up and running. You can turn this off for cleaner experience once its up and running. Also you may not need npci=0x2000 but my board won't boot without this.
  2. You must use GenSMBIOS and create your own serial and UUID. https://github.com/corpnewt/GenSMBIOS. Then enter your serial and UUID in the config.plist in the PlatformInfo section.
  3. To make the zip file smaller I deleted the "Resources" folder - you can download Opencore 0.6.3 package RELEASE and copy the contents of the "Resources" folder over to this EFI
  4. I have enabled USBportlimit quirk - I have my own custom USB Map which won't be the same for you - This should be enough to get started, but you should build a custom USB map and then disable this quirk if you can. You may also need USB-reset SSDT but this will be specific to your board I think.
  5. I am pretty sure the EVGA X299 Dark has broken NVRAM - If this EFI allows you to boot the installer then you will know that it is compatible with Big Sur. If it then fails after the first reboot - you must follow the guide I linked in post #7. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 10.52.29.png

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 10.50.52.png

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
You can try this EFI - Some things on the EVGA X299 DARK are similar to my MSI X299 PRO some are different. I can't be sure this is perfect but should be OK starting point.

This is based on Opencore 0.6.3 and you need to make some changes before you can use it:

1. This is setup for -v boot-arg verbose output while you troubleshoot and get up and running. You can turn this off for cleaner experience once its up and running. Also you may not need npci=0x2000 but my board won't boot without this.
  2. You must use GenSMBIOS and create your own serial and UUID. https://github.com/corpnewt/GenSMBIOS. Then enter your serial and UUID in the config.plist in the PlatformInfo section.
  3. To make the zip file smaller I deleted the "Resources" folder - you can download Opencore 0.6.3 package RELEASE and copy the contents of the "Resources" folder over to this EFI
  4. I have enabled USBportlimit quirk - I have my own custom USB Map which won't be the same for you - This should be enough to get started, but you should build a custom USB map and then disable this quirk if you can. You may also need USB-reset SSDT but this will be specific to your board I think.
  5. I am pretty sure the EVGA X299 Dark has broken NVRAM - If this EFI allows you to boot the installer then you will know that it is compatible with Big Sur. If it then fails after the first reboot - you must follow the guide I linked in post #7. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

View attachment 500571
View attachment 500572

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks.
Hi, I have good news, with the procedure of step 3 I was able to update to Big Sur also on the partition on NVME. Thank you very much, I would never have succeeded without you, you are really strong.
In the weekend I'll test the EFI ... I'll let you know.

Hi, I have good news, with the procedure of step 3 I was able to update to Big Sur also on the partition on NVME. Thank you very much, I would never have succeeded without you, you are really strong.
In the weekend I'll test the EFI ... I'll let you know.
Great - if it all works out ok and the EFI works good you should post in the Big Sur X299 Support thread so it can be added to the list of resources for others to reference

@scsimaya Have you solve this problem. I am still stuck with the reboot loop. Please help me

@scsimaya Have you solve this problem. I am still stuck with the reboot loop. Please help me
Hi, at what point does it loop? After the first part of the installation? On the first reboot?
I try to help you but I'm certainly not an expert.

Hi, thanks for your response. It reboot loop at second part after install reminding 12 minutes, then the system reboot until apple logo in 1-2 minutes and reboot again. As you can see in pictures below
58236108-62B4-4C9F-94CC-97B476A73CD1.jpeg
98544BDB-5F84-48B6-B469-FCA7E225EDEA.jpeg

Hi, thanks for your response. It reboot loop at second part after install reminding 12 minutes, then the system reboot until apple logo in 1-2 minutes and reboot again. As you can see in pictures below View attachment 501050View attachment 501051
Hi, it looks like just what was happening to me. To solve I followed this procedure (see link):
I hope it works for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back