Contribute
Register

Realtek RTL8111H Sierra trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been a few problems with this kext recently, try this manual installation procedure :

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download the kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.

There have been a few problems with this kext recently, try this manual installation procedure :

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • preferences.plist

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.

THANK YOU! This fixed ethernet for me on my Dell Inspiron 620 Crapintosh! That just leaves the graphics and sound, which will be easier to fix now that I can actually download stuff. Thanks pilgrim!

I feel very stupid. I just made a post saying that I couldn't find anyone else with the same ethernet as me but you do. I have already done this though and still have issues with my ethernet so I hope my post wasn't completely pointless.

After adding kext while reboot system went to Kernel Panic. :/
What is wrong? How to fix?
Thanks!

Worked for me!
After fresh install of Sierra, MultiBeast method didn't work for ethernet, but steps from P1LGRIM resolved it.

• preferences.plist

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

FYI this worked for my intel nic. Had the same issue.
Bascily did the same steps.

• preferences.plist

Download IntelMausiEthernet and ran its package installer.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed, restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back