Contribute
Register

Realtek released drivers for 802.11ac USB-adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Scriptcoder.

I recalled Pacifist from many years ago and tried it. It didn't work, so I'll be trying another software installation package and see if that one works. Thanks for the suggestion.

I update Drivers for OS X 10.10 Yosemite in first post link...

Current Version 1034, UI version 2.2.9.
- support OS X Yosemite
- enable "Advanced Settings" in UI

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2014-11-06.png
    Снимок экрана 2014-11-06.png
    57 KB · Views: 801
  • Снимок экрана 2014-11-06.png
    Снимок экрана 2014-11-06.png
    41 KB · Views: 770
Oh man, you are my hero for this! I just built a new system yesterday and installed Yosemite to find out there were no drivers for the USB-AC56 (and I already knew ethernet on this board was a no go). Then I spent hours trying to set up a bridged connection with Windows in VirtualBox and got it mostly working until I couldn't find a way around Apple's dumb DNS setup (wouldn't let me set a DNS server since I had no valid connections). Came on here to ask the experts and found this thread! I'm finally completely up and running! Thank you so much!

Ugh, well, I guess I spoke too soon. This driver is being VERY finicky. I was able to get it working a couple of times but now it just crashes the adapter every time I boot. Not sure what to do now. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers about 20 times and now I can't get anything from it. It boots, light comes on, but as soon as it tries to associate with a network the light goes out and it locks up the utility. This is frustrating. I wish ASUS would just get their drivers done.

Attached. Thank you for the help!
From your report:
lspci:
04:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8812AE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter [10ec:8812] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8812AE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter [10ec:8812]

Your adater used PCI-Express chipset Realtek RTL8812AE.
Drivers for PCI-Express chipsets for OS X - does not already exist.
Made to work in OS X - can not.

In the first post are drivers for USB chipset Realtek RTL8812AU .
They you can not help ...

So to be clear, there is no hope of this working with my OSX system any time soon, and I should just return it?

What's strange is that the Rosewill technical representative whom I spoke with on the phone said that the chipset is the RTL-8812AU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back