Contribute
Register

Realtek released drivers for 802.11ac USB-adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to be clear, there is no hope of this working with my OSX system any time soon, and I should just return it?
Yes. Return it.
Drivers for your card for OS X will never be.

What's strange is that the Rosewill technical representative whom I spoke with on the phone said that the chipset is the RTL-8812AU.
He is mistaken...

Update Drivers on the link in the first post..

Added Driver Version 1035, UI version 2.3.0.
This driver official support OS X 10.9 and 10.10.

Warning!
When using the system language other than English, the WirelessNetworkUtility can fall into a panic.
To fix:
- use the English language interface OS X
- or use the patched utility. To use, put the patched WirelessNetworkUtility in /Applications instead of the original.
Bonus: in patched WNU, I enabled "Advanced Settings" tab in UI...

Realtek drivers for 802.11n and 802.11ac USB-adapters

I add to first post collections for drivers for Realtek 802.11n USB-adapters.

The collection is available for download here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/54v2f17m2rngn/Realtek_Wlan_11n_USB

Announcement of the latest version:

Realtek released 4-in-1 Drivers for Realtek 802.11n USB-adapters
This driver official support OS X 10.10.
You can take in a folder: New_4in1_Driver_v1083_v1028_v1010_v1003_UI_2.0.2
The installer contains the drivers:
RTL8192SU9.kext ver_1083
RTL8192CU9.kext ver_1028
RTL8188EU9.kext ver_1010
RTL8192EU9.kext ver_1003

Warning!
When using the system language other than English, the WirelessNetworkUtility can fall into a panic.
To fix:
- or use the patched utility. To use, put the patched WirelessNetworkUtility in /Applications instead of the original.

Update Realtek drivers for 802.11n USB-adapters.

The colections download:
https://www.mediafir...ek_Wlan_11n_USB

Latest version: 4in1_Drivers_v1083_v1029_v1012_v1003_UI_2.3.1

The installer contains the drivers:
RTL8192SU9.kext ver_1083 (05/29/2014)
RTL8192CU.kext ver_1029 (11/04/2014)
RTL8188EU.kext ver_1012 (11/25/2014)
RTL8192EU9.kext ver_1003 (07/15/2014)

Warning!
To fix:
- or use the patched utility.

I patched WNU 2.3.1. To use, put the patched WirelessNetworkUtility in /Applications instead of the original.

Thanks for this! The driver works with my "TRENDnet AC600 Dual Band Wireless USB Adapter"
Now, is there a "why" it is not detecting my "ac" network? It detects only 802.11n and lower networks? I mean, everything that's over 5ghz wont be "seen"?
Thanks!

Thanks for doing this.

Unfortunately, the driver is not working for the Belkin N150 USB Wireless Adapter (belkin f9l1001). I can select the adapter, but after doing so, it says the adapter is not connected.

RTL8188SU kext and MAC Address spoofing?

Hi Skvo,

I have an EnGenius EUB9603H which uses the RTL8188SU. I found your http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/106288-realtek-released-drivers-802-11ac-usb-adapters.html hoping that there'd be a kext that'd allow me to spoof its MAC Address.

I can spoof the MAC Addresses for these USB devices in Windows XP just fine.

On Mac OS X, the command "sudo ifconfig <interface> ether <MAC Address>" only works for me for the internal Airport WiFi interface but not for the 2 USB external network devices I have.

Is it possible to spoof the MAC address of USB/external network devices on Mac OS X?

If so, can you help to point me in the right direction? Or maybe you have a patched kext that'd allow that that you can share?

TiA!

I just installed this driver suite and successfully configured a wireless connection between my home wireless router (DIR-826L) and the GMYLE Wireless 11ac USB Adapter running OS X Yosemite 10.10.2. Gmyle currently offers no drivers for Yosemite, but this solution worked after a bit of troubleshooting. Most importantly, I had to pair my wireless router with the USB adaptor using WPS.

1. Restart after installing the driver

2. Add the profile "802.11n NIC" to connections in System Preferences/Network

3. Open the newly installed Wireless-AC Network Utility, select desired home Wifi network and commit Wifi password (WPA encryption key) to profile configuration. At this point it should say you are connected in both the utility and your Network settings even though you cannot yet load the web.

4. Login to your wireless router preferences page (e.g. my D-Link config panel at default local URL address 192.168.0.1/login.asp), go into wireless settings and add wireless device with WPS. The utility will give you a PIN code (under the "WPS" tab) which you will enter here, and upon clicking the PIN button of the utility you will have about 2 minutes to connect the adapter to your wifi network via your wireless router config panel.

No guarantees this will work for anyone else, but it sure worked great for me, and seems to indicate that the GMYLE Wireless 11ac USB Adaptor is Hackintosh compatible!

Hello Everyone
i've bought an RTL8192EU and i'm using yosemite.
I've installed Realtek_RTL8192EU9_v1003 drivers and in the Wireless Network Utility app i can find my wifi network and introduce the password but i can't connect to it. i've tried with wps but the problem is the same.
The strange thing is that the mac of my wireless adapter is ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

Anyone has the same problem or can give me any solution?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back