Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

Hey @RehabMan, I was just checked your github and saw the GPRW solution for instant wake and was wondering exactly what is the instant wake issue? I am on Envy j-070 and very rarely when resuming from sleep, my laptop will just reboot and when booting Mac OSX, my apps would still be there like my laptop went into hibernate mode instead. Does this fix that bug as I am using neverhibernate in Clover config.plist with hibernatemode of 0 per your Envy guide? Again this bug hardly happens and has just started happening on 10.12.x.

Hey @RehabMan, I was just checked your github and saw the GPRW solution for instant wake and was wondering exactly what is the instant wake issue? I am on Envy j-070 and very rarely when resuming from sleep, my laptop will just reboot and when booting Mac OSX, my apps would still be there like my laptop went into hibernate mode instead. Does this fix that bug as I am using neverhibernate in Clover config.plist with hibernatemode of 0 per your Envy guide? Again this bug hardly happens and has just started happening on 10.12.x.

Reply in guide thread with "Problem Reporting" files.
GPRW fix for instant wake already implemented in Envy github files...
Hibernation should be disabled, as per guide.

SysPrefs -> Trackpad is empty

You can work around by copying the prefpane for the trackpad from 10.11.

Details here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-trackpad-preference-pane-is-blank.199946/

Use VoodooPS2Controller.kext v1.8.25 or later.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller
In my current build (dell latitude e5470) the last version of VoodooPS2controller didn't make the pref. pane works, still i got the 2 finger scrolling and the "tap to click" enabled: also, the pointing stick works great like all the button (5 button). There's something i could/should try to make it appear?
As attachment a typical error report.
Frank

Attachments

• e5470 report.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 101
In my current build (dell latitude e5470) the last version of VoodooPS2controller didn't make the pref. pane works, still i got the 2 finger scrolling and the "tap to click" enabled: also, the pointing stick works great like all the button (5 button). There's something i could/should try to make it appear?
As attachment a typical error report.
Frank

Your ioreg is corrupt (please read "Problem Reporting" carefully).
Your kexts are not installed correctly. All kexts must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Ty for your time RehabMan.
I moved the kext in /S/L/E whit Kext util (exception made for fakesmc, i left a copy behind in efi/clover/kext/other AND a copy in /S/L/E), also reinstalled VoodooPS2controller, did a couple of reboot, but still nothing. Attached another report files collection (hopefully this time i manage to extract the ioreg file correctly :angel:).

Attachments

• problem report.zip
    2 MB · Views: 84
Ty for your time RehabMan.
I moved the kext in /S/L/E whit Kext util (exception made for fakesmc, i left a copy behind in efi/clover/kext/other AND a copy in /S/L/E), also reinstalled VoodooPS2controller, did a couple of reboot, but still nothing. Attached another report files collection (hopefully this time i manage to extract the ioreg file correctly :angel:).

Your trackpad is recognized as a mouse since it is not Synaptics (my driver is primarily for Synaptics).
Yours is likely ALPS.
You should search for PS2 drivers specifically for ALPS.

Hi, I try to instal MacOS Sierra on my notebook (Asus X556U).
I found some discussion about this system but the images attached to the posts was deleted and I can't understand if the problem I have was already be solved.
I created the USB boot with guidelines and set the BIOS properly.

After I selecting the correct boot support with Clover my installation procedure stopping....

Can someone help me?

Thanks!!!!!!
Notebook specs: CPU Intel i5-6200U - 8Gb RAM (4+4Gb) - nVidia Gt920M - SSD Samsung 850 Evo

Attachments

• IMG_20170530_231933.jpg
    IMG_20170530_231933.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 105
Hi, I try to instal MacOS Sierra on my notebook (Asus X556U).
I found some discussion about this system but the images attached to the posts was deleted and I can't understand if the problem I have was already be solved.
I created the USB boot with guidelines and set the BIOS properly.

After I selecting the correct boot support with Clover my installation procedure stopping....

Can someone help me?

Thanks!!!!!!

Open a separate thread.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Back