Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

Hello. Such a problem. The charge / discharge indicator of the battery DOES NOT ALWAYS indicate the discharge level correctly. Sometimes it happens that the indicator hangs on some value, suppose 63% or 41% and everything, then the level does not decrease. And, accordingly, it is impossible to determine how much the battery is discharged. It helps only reboot. After reboot, the indicator shows the actual value.

Do EC reset.
Remove FakeSMC sensor kexts.
When it happens, check ioreg to see what the real values are.
If the values are updated in ioreg (by ACPIBatteryManager.kext) then the problem lies elsewhere...

Also, your ACPI setup is wrong. Remove SSDT-PNLF.aml from ACPI/patched (the same code is already in SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml)
In fact, that mistake with ACPI could cause serious issues.
You should have followed the guide as written:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Hello rehabman, is there any method to activate cypress trackpad work ?. Currently my trackpad only works as a mouse

Search for PS2 kexts specifically for Cypress.

Search for PS2 kexts specifically for Cypress.

I have searched it but the download is not available. Will you know of any source where I can find it?

I have searched it but the download is not available. Will you know of any source where I can find it?

I know there was someone working on a Cypress version of my kexts...
You will need to search for it.
I have no need for it, so I'm not tracking it...

You may need to build from source, or make various fixes in the case the developer has stopped work.

Do EC reset.
If the values are updated in ioreg (by ACPIBatteryManager.kext) then the problem lies elsewhere...

Also, your ACPI setup is wrong. Remove SSDT-PNLF.aml from ACPI/patched (the same code is already in SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/
Thank you, I will try

Hi.

For volume Up/Down i used keyboard shortcuts as services.
Work good for me.

Add this as service and run first time manually.
VolumeUp:
Code:
set vol to output volume of (get volume settings)
if vol > 90 then # 100 max
    set volume output volume 100
else
    set volume output volume (vol + 10)
end if

VolumeDown:
Code:
set vol to output volume of (get volume settings)
if vol < 10 then # 0 is min
    set volume output volume 0
else
    set volume output volume (vol - 10)
end if

Then blind to key combination.

Regards, Al3XKOoL.

Can you explain me the part about "Add this as service" .. how to do that? Ive never done that before in MacOS :(

So I've gotten most everything working on my Hackintosh (Sierra 10.12.4) laptop.

My machine is an HP Pavilion (p214dx) with a Synaptics trackpad.

The only problem I can see is that under System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad, there is no "Trackpad Options..." button to enable dragging.

I have the most recent VoodooPS2Controller kext installed and I've tried numerous SMBIOS profiles to no avail.

I was able to enable dragging by editing ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleMultitouchTrackpad.plist but this isn't ideal.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Do EC reset.

Checked. When the discharge indicator hangs, the IORegistryExplorer value also does not change.
Indicator and values in ioreg come back to normal only after a reboot or a long sleep (from 5 minutes)

Last edited:
Checked. When the discharge indicator hangs, the IORegistryExplorer value also does not change.
Indicator and values in ioreg come back to normal only after a reboot or a long sleep (from 5 minutes)

Did you fix your wrong ACPI configuration yet?

Back