Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

QE/CI looks fine (lots of other things wrong, but...). You are probably just experiencing the known issue with video content and Safari.

Read post #1.

Hint: HD4400 and Safari and 10.12.x is a bad combination.

what's wrong? tell me plz. chrome very use high memory.

what's wrong? tell me plz. chrome very use memory.

Read post #1, "HD4400/HD4600 crashing with Safari and video playback"

Hey Rehabman, I was experimenting to see if I could get video content to play and I think I have a clue on what is causing the freeze. If I remove the FakePCI_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and reboot, I can play Safari videos that once froze with it applied. I know the FakePCI_Intel_HD_Graphics helps provide QE/CI acceleration and without it, apps like DVD player don't function but wanted to add my two cents. I know you have been testing on your own two so not sure if you tried what I mentioned, hope this helps.

PS I even added my original device-id (0416) to AppleIntel5000Graphics and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul plus my SSDT-hack and can confirm the freeze only happens when the FakePCI_Intel_HD_Graphics is applied.

Hey Rehabman, I was experimenting to see if I could get video content to play and I think I have a clue on what is causing the freeze. If I remove the FakePCI_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and reboot, I can play Safari videos that once froze with it applied. I know the FakePCI_Intel_HD_Graphics helps provide QE/CI acceleration and without it, apps like DVD player don't function but wanted to add my two cents. I know you have been testing on your own two so not sure if you tried what I mentioned, hope this helps.

PS I even added my original device-id (0416) to AppleIntel5000Graphics and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul plus my SSDT-hack and can confirm the freeze only happens when the FakePCI_Intel_HD_Graphics is applied.

Totally different scenario if you break QE... The code which is causing the problem is not even loaded in that case...

Adding your HD4600 (0416) device-id to AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext's Info.plist has no effect, as it checks the PCI IDs via IOPCIDevice and fails to start when it comes across native HD4400/HD4600(mobile). Which is why FakePCIID was created in the first place...

Based on my experience you have to press twice the caps lock button rather than once, in order to experience its behavior correctly. More specifically the sequence is: 'not pressed', 'PRESSED1ST_TIME', 'PRESSED2ND_TIME', 'pressed3rd_time'. Then it starts again. Pressing the button twice will result in a regular behavior.
NOTE: i said this ONLY basing on my experience. Likely this won't work with other set-ups.
NOTE: sorry for the bad English.
I have the same problem and I have different hardware: iMac Core i7, Sierra 10.12.2, Microsoft wireless comfort keyboard 5000

I have the same problem and I have different hardware: iMac Core i7, Sierra 10.12.2, Microsoft wireless comfort keyboard 5000

Is this a laptop?

Back