Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

FYI: not only HD4400/4600 with Safari will cause instant reboot but also other platforms as well. Detail discussion can be found through Apple's official discussion: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7687562?start=0&tstart=0 Once you start reading the 28+ pages long discussion, you will have the impression how Sierra is unstable. The problem not only occurs with Safari, but also other applications. I double it's the new introduction metal layer cause the issue...

Anyway, not our problem...

syscl

FYI: not only HD4400/4600 with Safari will cause instant reboot but also other platforms as well. Detail discussion can be found through Apple's official discussion: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7687562?start=0&tstart=0 Once you start reading the 28+ pages long discussion, you will have the impression how Sierra is unstable. The problem not only occurs with Safari, but also other applications. I double it's the new introduction metal layer cause the issue...

Anyway, not our problem...

syscl

My Apple MacBookAir6,2 (HD5000) does not hang on the same content that my Lenovo u430 (HD4400) does.

My brightness level keeps changing back to highest every time I reboot system. Even though I've updated clover and reinstalled RC script. What should I do now?
Btw, I'm using 520/530 HD glitches fix

Use clover r3960 or under version.

Since r3961, has brightness load bug(hold high brightness) after reboot.

I mentioned this to clover team. And found solution. But yet not reply.

Last edited:
my msi gt73vr

cpus is 6820HK.

it just work with cpus=7 or some number < 7,

if I didn't use cpus=7, will boot success,but freeze screen about 3 seconds

My Apple MacBookAir6,2 (HD5000) does not hang on the same content that my Lenovo u430 (HD4400) does.
It depends. On M3800 with HD4600, on Facebook, talked to same person on the chatting page, sometimes it will soon cause instant reboot, but sometimes doesn't. I experienced the instant reboot on XPS 13 9350(Skylake) model too.

syscl

Use clover r3960 or under version.

Since r3961, has brightness load bug(hold hight brightness) after reboot.

I mentioned this to clover team. And found solution. But yet not reply.
I've downgraded to r3811 and it works perfectly. Didn't test with another higher versions prior to r3961.

It depends. On M3800 with HD4600, on Facebook, talked to same person on the chatting page, sometimes it will soon cause instant reboot, but sometimes doesn't. I experienced the instant reboot on XPS 13 9350(Skylake) model too.

syscl

It is likely a different problem. The problem mentioned in post #1 is a hard-hang... no reboot, no panic.

Hello

I did patch hd4400

(clover kextpatch )

But cant play youtube.com video.

Help me plz

Hello

I did patch hd4400

(clover kextpatch )

But cant play youtube.com video.

Help me plz

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

here is my zip file

Back