Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

This idea is problematic. You will see the problems if you update kernel cache:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

yea I put it back it cause panic after a while like make it go back to login screen. put back to how it was quick fix had issue down the line. Bad work around.

how bout putting the correct ID for the dell in the Keyboard kext and if so how would I find this out from ioREG

Not sure what you mean... can you explain?

Not sure what you mean... can you explain?

it seams that 10.12 is using different fn fiction to call events for IOHID so either figure out what 0x0x its using for the function keys or add the device ID to the current file, I reverted cause was causing panics

I narrowed it down to the file inside IOHIDFAMILY.kext the file inside of the MacOS folder is where the issue is cause I replaced that file and it seams to work again but I'm sure it will cause some other issues

RehabMan, thanks for the reply. Sorry for posting on the wrong thread, but I got here by clicking on the link on the front page that read "[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra"

I'm using this kext (GenericUSBXHCI.kext) to solve the USB issue on ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition. The version of the kext is 1.2.11.

No other USB configuration was made on my system. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

My computer specs:
Motherboard - ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition. BIOS Version - 0801

CPU - Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core

Graphics - EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual Classified w/ EVGA ACX Cooler. P/N: 04G-P4-3778-KR

Ram -
16GB

OS -
macOS Sierra 10.12

Boot Loader - Clover (Clover_v2.3k_r3761)

Cover patches applied:

(1) eg. in KextsToPatch:
Comment: AirPortBrcm4360
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: <81f952aa 00007529>
Replace: <81f952aa 00006690>

(2) eg. in KextsToPatch:
Comment: External icons patch
Name: AppleAHCIPort
Find: <45787465 726e616c>
Replace: <496e7465 726e616c>

(3) in KextsToPatch: AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150 (Audio patches)

(4) in RtVariables: System Integrity Protection (SIP) patch

5) SMBIOS: MacPro6,1

what patch is number 4 I get something about sip when I boot

I narrowed it down to the file inside IOHIDFAMILY.kext the file inside of the MacOS folder is where the issue is cause I replaced that file and it seams to work again but I'm sure it will cause some other issues

You mean you're only using the binary file of the old kext now?

The new port limit patch is already in my various repos on github.

Note that you should not be using the port limit patch long term anyway.
Thanks - I may check out your new patch. However, I do understand that using the patch is not preferable. I assumed that I will need to "configure USBInjectAll.kext such that the port limit patch is not needed". My question is how do I do that? Is that something that will be included in the next mutibeast release? If so, I will be patient. ;-)

You mean you're only using the binary file of the old kext now?

Yea I'm just using now the binary file only but I have to press the FN key to make they keys work

what patch is number 4 I get something about sip when I boot
the SIP patch is putting in the following in your clover config (in RtVariables as indicated)
Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>
Csractiveconfig value of 0x0 will enable SIP which will prevent you from loading unsigned kexts. a value of 0x3 partially enables it and allows unsigned kexts and 0x67 completely disables SIP

Yea I'm just using now the binary file only but I have to press the FN key to make they keys work

I removed the binary file it kept causing me issues

Back