Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

"Caps lock is unreliable

Using VoodooPS2Controller.kext, you will notice the capslock key is unreliable."

The problem is that we have to press Caps Lock a lot of times to make it uppercase or lowercase, that's it? And does anyone has a 'temporary' solution for it?

Thanks, I had issue with Apps runs from anywhere, will it cause if i will disable this thing ?

Yes, The Karibiner-Elements project is taking shape. Custom FN key maps are working now and My PS2 keys F1-F12 are just as on my Apple Magic Keyboard. So as before one can change brightness and audio on the keyboard vs Menubar.

@jhansi - i have the same audio codec CX20590 on my T420 - and the "dummy kext" method has been working for me for quite some time. no need to update or recode AppleHDA for each release. meaning as for many upgrades, I upgraded from 10.11.6 to 10.12.0 and without any kext changes.

Thanks for the updates.

Any update on Broadcom bluetooth (bcm20702a0) builtin on ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition? It's not working on Sierra 10.12.

Thanks

I tried with the included files and OSD works

This idea is problematic. You will see the problems if you update kernel cache:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Well I don't have sound at all. I do use PlistEdit Pro but still i can't find those lines to make the audio work.
Thanks

You should open a separate thread.

I was able to edit my config.plist to re-enable the USB ports (*based on my config.plist from El Capitan). I have created a custom SSDT, but I do not know how to "configure USBInjectAll.kext such that the port limit patch is not needed". Please forgive my ignorance, but how does the custom SSDT configure USBInjectAll.kext? Do I need to modify the SSDT to do this, and if so, how do I do that? Thanks for all that you do!

*the blue items are what I had to change in my config.plist:
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change 15 port limit to 20 in XHCI kext (9-series)</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g710////EA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g710////FQ==
</data>

The new port limit patch is already in my various repos on github.

Note that you should not be using the port limit patch long term anyway.

Thanks for the writeup, it was invaluable, as usual.

I did everything but still my audio is not working. I was using the stock AppleHDA with clover patching, I added the 0000000 patch, but still no sound. This is what my KextsToPatch looks like.

What did I miss?

<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Expect 2 matches</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>hBnUEQ==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>blDxFA==</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>0x11d4198a to zero</string>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.12.x</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>8a19d411</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>00000000</data>
</dict>

Please open a separate thread for troubleshooting.

Okay guys I've done this:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh

and now in system i can see internal speakers showing but no audio at all. Mic is working. Any ideas ??

Read Probook guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting". Reply in the ProBook guide thread.

"Caps lock is unreliable

Using VoodooPS2Controller.kext, you will notice the capslock key is unreliable."

The problem is that we have to press Caps Lock a lot of times to make it uppercase or lowercase, that's it? And does anyone has a 'temporary' solution for it?

No temporary solution. If there was one, it would be mentioned in post #1.

Back