Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

HD4400/HD4600 hardware should probably stick to 10.11.6.
Otherwise, you need Lilu.kext+AppleGraphicsFixup.kext to help with graphics hangs...
Is Shiki.kext not needed anymore?

----

Also, now that the graphics hangs have been fixed, my Beats 1 radio still doesn't work (no longer hangs, but just doesn't play). Anyone else have this problem?

I figured out what causes the energy tab in 10.12.4 to crash for Activity Monitor. It is the ACPIBatteryManager.kext. Just as a test I removed the kext, repaired permissions and when I rebooted, the energy tab worked without crashing Activity Monitor. Of course since I don't know code that well, I don't know why it causes it to crash but at least we know the culprit. Hopefully we can find a solution.

I figured out what causes the energy tab in 10.12.4 to crash for Activity Monitor. It is the ACPIBatteryManager.kext. Just as a test I removed the kext, repaired permissions and when I rebooted, the energy tab worked without crashing Activity Monitor. Of course since I don't know code that well, I don't know why it causes it to crash but at least we know the culprit. Hopefully we can find a solution.

That much we already understand...
But I don't think it is a problem with the kext... more of a specific issue in Activity Monitor.app.
It is probably looking for Apple specific battery data in ioreg.

Ok thanks for the help. Let me know if you need anything else to try and narrow down the lag issue we have on the Envy j series. Or if you just need a tester for anything new, I can help out with that.

I just installed 10.12.4 on my Lenovo u430.
And I think I see what you're referring to. It is more like a jerkyness at login and after login for a few seconds...

Since I don't see it on my Ivy Probook 4540s, nor on this KabyLake Probook 440 G4, I suspect it is Haswell specific. As we already know, there are serious issues with Haswell on hacks with 10.12.x.

I will test on the BRIX just to see if the same problem is there...
And will also try with Lilu.kext+IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to see if any help there...

HI, I'm trying to update the voodoo ps2controller kext, mainly to fix issues with the trackpad menu, I replaced the old file in my EFI partition, however it is to no avail (I have restarted), and it appears nothing has changed.

That much we already understand...
But I don't think it is a problem with the kext... more of a specific issue in Activity Monitor.app.
It is probably looking for Apple specific battery data in ioreg.
Using Activity Monitor.app from 10.12.3 on Sierra 10.12.4 gives the same error.
So I think the problem is not on Activity Monitor.app

The crash is in Activity Monitor.app (it is trying to access an element in an empty array).

Nothing has changed in ACPIBatteryManager.kext, so something has changed in the system (probably something used by Activity Monitor related to battery queries/etc).

same here

Back