Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

Comparing the SSDT-HACK and config.plist with yours, do you see anything that could cause it?

I don't have your laptop...
I didn't compare against what the guide provides... if you've made changes, you should try following the guide as written.

I know in the past the SMBIOS was the issue for this as we used to use MacBookPro,11,2 which would cause the delay, but now MacBookPro,11,1 is doing the same thing on 10.12.4. You told me a few weeks ago when 10.12.4 was still in beta to use MacBookAir,6,2 but that SMBIOS had the issue too. I even tried MacBookPro,11,5 which had the delay. This lag is also present if I boot up the recovery partition. It would seem weird to be SMBIOS if it was perfectly fine in other 10.12 builds. So any suggestion from the files I posted earlier would help greatly.

No other ideas for you.

I don't have your laptop...
I didn't compare against what the guide provides... if you've made changes, you should try following the guide as written.

No other ideas for you.

Ok so I followed your Envy guide and just made the following changes. Attached is my Clover resultant files

- I removed the PNLF entry in SSDT-HACK per your AppleBacklight guide
- I have the SSDT.aml, SSDT-HACK.aml, SSDT-Disable_DGPU.aml and SSDT-PNLF.aml in /ACPI/patched
- Added the sorted order to your config.plist to reflect the .aml files above
- Told DisabledDrivers to not disable VBoxHfs-64.efi per your config.plist
- Added the AppleBacklight patch from the Clover laptop repo to config.plist

With these changes made and following your guide, I still get the lag when booting so at least I know it's not something I edited. Here is what I install when I run the Clover installer v2.4k r4049

- Install for UEFI booting only
- Install Clover in the ESP
- Drivers64UEFI > OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
- Install RC scripts on target volume

In your config.plist you disable the VBoxHfs-64.efi, do you have the EFIPlus-64.efi file? Would that make a difference? Also do you see any issues with the Clover setup I just mentioned. Is there anything else I can provide to help us Envy users?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
Ok so I followed your Envy guide and just made the following changes. Attached is my Clover resultant files

- I removed the PNLF entry in SSDT-HACK per your AppleBacklight guide
- I have the SSDT.aml, SSDT-HACK.aml, SSDT-Disable_DGPU.aml and SSDT-PNLF.aml in /ACPI/patched
- Added the sorted order to your config.plist to reflect the .aml files above
- Told DisabledDrivers to not disable VBoxHfs-64.efi per your config.plist
- Added the AppleBacklight patch from the Clover laptop repo to config.plist

With these changes made and following your guide, I still get the lag when booting so at least I know it's not something I edited. Here is what I install when I run the Clover installer v2.4k r4049

- Install for UEFI booting only
- Install Clover in the ESP
- Drivers64UEFI > OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
- Install RC scripts on target volume

In your config.plist you disable the VBoxHfs-64.efi, do you have the EFIPlus-64.efi file? Would that make a difference? Also do you see any issues with the Clover setup I just mentioned. Is there anything else I can provide to help us Envy users?

SSDT-Disable_DGPU.aml is likely to conflict with content in SSDT-HACK.aml (DGPU is disabled in SSDT-HACK, so no need).
You can't use HFSPlus.efi for some reason?
My guide recommends HFSPlus.efi (VboxHfs is disabled) and uses OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

SSDT-Disable_DGPU.aml is likely to conflict with content in SSDT-HACK.aml (DGPU is disabled in SSDT-HACK, so no need).
You can't use HFSPlus.efi for some reason?
My guide recommends HFSPlus.efi (VboxHfs is disabled) and uses OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

For some reason with removing the PNLF reference from SSDT-HACK, my dedicated Nvidia card gets detected by OSX (two graphic entries) in System Information, so that's why I use the SSDT-Disable_DGPU.aml. Where can I find the HFSPlus-64.efi? From researching, I can only find old versions. Can you provide yours? I will use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

For some reason with removing the PNLF reference from SSDT-HACK, my dedicated Nvidia card gets detected by OSX (two graphic entries) in System Information, so that's why I use the SSDT-Disable_DGPU.aml.

It is because PNLF._INI does the disable..
I haven't looked at SSDT-Disable_DGPU.dsl to see if it applies to your ACPI path... you should check.

Where can I find the HFSPlus-64.efi? From researching, I can only find old versions. Can you provide yours? I will use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

HFSPlus.efi is linked from the Clover laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

It is because PNLF._INI does the disable..
I haven't looked at SSDT-Disable_DGPU.dsl to see if it applies to your ACPI path... you should check.

HFSPlus.efi is linked from the Clover laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thanks for the link, I forgot about that guide. I checked the SSDT-Disable_DGPU and it does reference the same path. Is there a way I can still keep the PNLF._INI in my SSDT-HACK without interfering with your SSDT-PNLF.aml file so I don't have to apply SSDT-Disable_DGPU?

Is there a way I can still keep the PNLF._INI in my SSDT-HACK without interfering with your SSDT-PNLF.aml file so I don't have to apply SSDT-Disable_DGPU?

Not very easily...
If I was to add this for the Envy (10.12.4 support), I would probably use SSDT-Disable_DGPU.

Not very easily...
If I was to add this for the Envy (10.12.4 support), I would probably use SSDT-Disable_DGPU.

Ok thanks for the help. Let me know if you need anything else to try and narrow down the lag issue we have on the Envy j series. Or if you just need a tester for anything new, I can help out with that.

Ok thanks for the help. Let me know if you need anything else to try and narrow down the lag issue we have on the Envy j series. Or if you just need a tester for anything new, I can help out with that.

HD4400/HD4600 hardware should probably stick to 10.11.6.
Otherwise, you need Lilu.kext+IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to help with graphics hangs...

Last edited:
HD4400/HD4600 hardware should probably stick to 10.11.6.
Otherwise, you need Lilu.kext+AppleGraphicsFixup.kext to help with graphics hangs...
You mean IntelGraphicsFixup.kext ;)

Back