Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

Update on my Asus TP500LNG - Display preferences still not working on 10.12.1 Beta (16B2338c). Trackpad preference pane is empty when using ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext, but when using VoodooPS2Controller.kext from @RehabMan i get the trackpad preference pane but it does not detect my hardware, it work but pref pane is looking for Bluetooth device.
Good news is my fn + f5 & f6 are working for brightness with AsusNBFnKeys.kext + dsdt patch which was not working on 10.12. Volume control via fn + f11 & f12 are also working even without AsusNBFnKeys.kext.
I don't know if any of this information is useful or in the right thread but i hope it helps the hack geniuses on here to work out what's up with the display pref pane.

Last edited by a moderator:
The following information was added to post #1 for those that would like to remap their brightness keys to F14/F15 to make them work via SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts->"Display"

Man you are the best!
That small SSDT that i created from your post,fixed my brightness keys on My Lenovo B570e running MacOS Sierra 10.12 Final.
all i had to do is just replace PS2K with the one from my laptop which is KBD0.

only remaining problem fn volume +/- buttons not working. (which used to work without any modification at all on Yosemite & El Capitan) with just your VoodooPS2Controller.kext.without remapping a single button.

Volume/mute are working in 10.12.1 beta3.
Great so i assume they will be fixed with the 10.12.1 update which shouldn`t take long before it goes live.

The problem is not laptop specific.

Not sure what you mean by this question.

is 10.12.1 beta 3 any better than the official release or are there still them horrible bugs? Is Karabiner still broken for you?

is 10.12.1 beta 3 any better than the official release or are there still them horrible bugs? Is Karabiner still broken for you?

I haven't tried Karabiner. The Safari/HD4400 bug is still present. SysPrefs->Displays still not working without patched EDID.

Back