Contribute
Register

[README] Common (some unsolved) Problems in 10.12 Sierra

Thanks for trying, but on Sierra 10.12.0, my backlight keys don't work...

It is a known problem with *the backlight keys*.

The trick is to make your keys generate a keys that don't have the problem...
Make your backlight keys generate F14 and F15. The mechanism to do so will depend on the PS2 kext you're using.

It is a known problem with *the backlight keys*.

The trick is to make your keys generate a keys that don't have the problem...
Make your backlight keys generate F14 and F15. The mechanism to do so will depend on the PS2 kext you're using.

My kext doesn't give me the ability to do that... I'm updating again to Sierra 10.12.1 Beta 3... I shouldn't have downgraded yesterday, now my connection is so slow... :(

My kext doesn't give me the ability to do that...

Yeah, it is too bad it is closed-source. It could have been merged with my kext ages ago (my keyboard driver is much more flexible).

Yeah, it is too bad it is closed-source. It could have been merged with my kext ages ago (my keyboard driver is much more flexible).
My only option is to live with it until you decide to write an ELAN driver xD

I still don't understand how my backlight keys worked yesterday with no modifications on 10.12.1b3 though... :/

I still don't understand how my backlight keys worked yesterday with no modifications on 10.12.1b3 though... :/

You would have to understand more specifics about what your PS2 kext is doing. Without source, that may be a challenge. Although there are things you can do to investigate (already mentioned).

"Caps lock is unreliable

Using VoodooPS2Controller.kext, you will notice the capslock key is unreliable."

The problem is that we have to press Caps Lock a lot of times to make it uppercase or lowercase, that's it? And does anyone has a 'temporary' solution for it?

Hey man, please how to install OSX into Vostro ???

The following information was added to post #1 for those that would like to remap their brightness keys to F14/F15 to make them work via SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts->"Display"

Brightness and Volume keys will not work

Also, brightness keys can be mapped to F14/F15 if your PS2 kexts allow for customization. For example, with my version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext, you can customize the mapping with ACPI. The following small SSDT can be used to map the Dell PS2 codes to F14/F15 instead of the codes normally used for brightness:

Code:
// Custom ADB codes to change Dell brightness keys to F14/F15
// some SSDTs use a different path than _SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, so adjust accordingly
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "ps2k", 0)
{
    External(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, DeviceObj)
    Scope (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K)
    {
        Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            "Keyboard", Package()
            {
                "Custom ADB Map", Package()
                {
                    Package(){},
                    "e005=6b",
                    "e006=71",
                },
            },
        })
    }
}
//EOF

The following information was added to post #1 for those that would like to remap their brightness keys to F14/F15 to make them work via SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts->"Display"

I removed the ELAN kext and installed your VodooPS2 driver and tried including that SSDT, I got my brightness keys working even without any customization from SysPrefs... The "Display" section still doesnt show to me, idk why... but my brightness keys work now on 10.12.0 final... I think you were right, somehow, the ELAN kext must have already mapped F14/F15 to brightness...

I think I'll use your driver, even if it doesnt support my trackpad... my question is can I permanently disable the trackpad via ACPI modifications?

New patch for SMBIOS whitelist AirportBrcm4360 abgn WiFi

eg. in KextsToPatch:

Comment: AirPortBrcm4360 whitelist patch (board-id), 10.12.dp1, credit RehabMan
MatchOS: 10.12.x
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: <31db4c3b 7dd87512>
Replace: <31dbffc3 90909090>

BCM94360CD need the new wifi patch?

Back